Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Aftermath of May gathering at BJ's(Pictures)

okay let it go we had to steal some bags of filets because we started running out. me and joey i know we brought in close to 80 in the day and 1/2 we fished for saturdays fry but most were smaller than normal we made do . we also feed more people than i have ever seen at roundup and we had none left to send home with the folks this time but we have in the past. so as far as i could tell no one went hungry and i think that everyone really enjoyed themselves we where able to make a few non members very happy sunday morning also thanks don diego and the hilton brothers

Web Owner Master in FishingTX
    I didn't say you took anyone elses fish, don't put something in that ain't. I just meant if you had knowned maybe you could have shared with the people that didn't catch any thing, I gave everything i caught, and would have given more if my motor had not quit, I'm sure you are a stand up guy, and i'm sure you didn't know about the shortage of fish, This is all a misunderstanding and if thought out will turn out ok. I don't have any hard feelings toward you or anyone else. The next gathering we have it won't happen, there will be plenty of fish and everything will work out.
    I'm not going into all the cr@p that has been said here by a few, that has made comments so we gonna back outta hereand let this go.
    Lets keep the sight clean and talk about fishin.

medulla762
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcat
    ...talk about fishin.

When/where is the next one?

Where is everybody fishing this weekend. It is going to be a zoo out there so yall be careful.

I'm headed to Matagorda Bay to fly cast to some tailing reds.

Good luck where ever you go and don't leave home without a lot of patience, I'm sure we are going to need more than usual this coming weekend.

Drive carefully and don't forget to grease them bearings.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Guys please hear me out let's forget what happen, it is all history and like i said before we did not post the rules and this is about fellowshipping and eating . so guys are alll welcome and the next one we'll do better,

Mudcat is the sole inspiration behind his juggs and this website is built up mainly by the Mudcat Flagging Juggs , some folks may not agree with me but most of the people that have joined this site are products of the Flagging Juggs and if you ever want to learn jugging and have the time go out with Mudcat and he wil lteach you plenty , Medull Gator ,myself and many others have been taught by Mudcat , is a very good moral person . he is always out to help people and it hurts him when he could not go out and fish to send people home with fish that do not normally fish or that do not have a boat. that is most ly wha tthis site is built about we invite people who have no boats and take them out show them how the juggs work and send them home with some fish .
    Thank you and I hope i did not offend anyone .

Next one will for sure will no t be at BJ's, but maybe a t Lake Houston Marina , they are a little bit higher bu t, when we set it up we don't pay the $5.oo per car and alot of nicer things and if a drunk comes by we just throw him in the water and go on.

We have held two gatherings at that place and it was nice, nicer .
    Anyone that would like to host one let me know and i will talk to Jerry and try to set it up, another thing from Lake Hosuton Marina is that we are closer to the juggs and don't use as much gas running up and down the river.we'll have another one in about 2 months or so

get the bulkhead fixed or you will have alots of sunk boats

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    I don't know about you guys, but I had a blast at the gathering. I must have missed the drunk and the shortage of fish, so I thought everything went off pretty smooth. I met a lot of nice folks. I want to thank Gator for showing me how to run the juglines and not get them tangled in your prop. I've already talked to mudcat about making me up some jugs. Maybe I'll have them before the next gathering. I also met a couple fellow crappie enthusiasts. I believe we can help each other catch more crappie by communicating via fishingtx.
    Ben, it was good to see you again. I'm sorry about your boat. At least you should feel fortunate that it sank in 3 feet of water and not 30.
    I'm on the Lake just about every weekend until deer season. So if you see me out there, give me a holler and we'll chat. If you want to hook up and do some crappie or want help running your jugs, send me a message.
    Lookin forward to the next one.........
    dd
    Don Diego

DD that was the deepest 3' water I never been in :shock: and the fish shortage was smoothed out so no one knew except gator Mud and me, no one has admitted this but Sunday morning we found Gators barrel about 1/2 full of lively kicking fish he did not know how they got there :shock:
    the hilton Bros Jim and Pete were besides tehm selfs the yhad never caught or cleaned so many fish , everyone had a blast we are one big family and that's why we have disputes and disagreements,we'll get together and go crappie fishing, I love to crappie fish and eat crappies .
    We got Blake Tom Mudcat and myself that love to fish them crappie, :shock: **** has been known to chase a few of them :roll:

Well, like Husband said, this family had a wonderful time. Thanks Gator and Anita and Ben, as always I left with high spirts and a spring in my walk for getting to all you good folks. That most diffently out weights the bad that happened to us and to others. I wish we could have fished more but with a broke rewind and idle switch, plus I burn within 5 minutes being on the lake in the afternoons. Right **** ...lol My wish was that HGF, KGF and myself could have done some nite fishing Saturday. I know if I had asked someone would have taken us out Saturday nite, but with all the boat mishaps, I wasn't going to press the lucky charm any more. I warn you all... next gathering don't look for us on land.... I wonder is there food delivery on the lake...lol. "God take care of all these good folks and watch out for each and everyone." Amen

Most gratitude and thanks for Mudcat's fine breakfast he cooked u psa tmorning if ya missed it then ya missed it!!!
    MudCats Pad

Bill BJ and Bob