Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Aftermath of May gathering at BJ's(Pictures)

okay i know where yall was working im gonna give lake patrol a call just so they can keep a eye out

medulla762
    Quote Originally Posted by waterspout
    Sounds like yall had a good time except for the owner of BJ's. Sorry to hear of that. Ben did you really sink your boat? Hope not! That just aint right.

I guess Ben couldn't find anybody to throw him in the water so I he did it himself.

What the heck happened Ben?

Web Owner Master in FishingTX
    capn, Didn't mean to piss anyone off, if you had stayed and socialized a little you wiould have known. these functions are for that purpose, not just for braggin about how many fish you caught and how big they were.
    I don't know why you couldn't stay, don't really care, don't even care if you don't come back. I'm just sayin this thing was set for 2 months ahead, . if you had a fish fry to go to , so be it . seems like the main fish fry was at BJ's. that's all i'm sayin.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Sorry I didn't get to make this one fella's, sounds like I missed a little excitement. I had to finish up my class, 5hrs fri and sat. Also hate to hear the problems that Mudcat and Ben had. Till the next one!
    watching the skies...

the whole story has to come out and ben aint talking so i will do it if i have too.
    bens boat is narrow and as he stepped to the side water came in over the side ( formula) one heavy man +one narrow boat=ben in water
    when he got to the ramp back 3rd was full ben standing in water i wasnt gonna laugh but seeing ben in the water brings back alot of good thoughts

Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar
    Oh thats not to Bad, then a laugh is in order :BIG:
    The fish are in the water!

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcat
    capn, Didn't mean to piss anyone off, if you had stayed and socialized a little you wiould have known. these functions are for that purpose, not just for braggin about how many fish you caught and how big they were.
    I don't know why you couldn't stay, don't really care, don't even care if you don't come back. I'm just sayin this thing was set for 2 months ahead, . if you had a fish fry to go to , so be it . seems like the main fish fry was at BJ's. that's all i'm sayin.
    Well, you didn't hack me off, but I feel like you're tryin to step on some toes here! I know you're makin some references to character that are bordering offensive. Nonetheless, no offense taken, this is the internet and the intent behind posts is often misunderstood, and I'll stay respectful.

I'm sorry if you took my first post for braggin. When I posted it, I was under the impression that others did as well or better than we did. Had I been aware that some others struggled because the daytime bite was off, I wouldn't have said anything. All I was sayin is that I enjoyed myself while I was there.

I went to lake to fish. I had plans to head to Conroe, but BBDuck and I changed up at the last minute so that medulla would have some help over the night. I would call fishin with good buddies socializin at it's finest, and we did plenty of that. Medulla pointed me to this site last week... so what if this thing was planned 2 months ago if I didn't know about it and wasn't even joined up on the site?

The fish fry was on Sunday. I left Saturday at noon, so it wasn't for the fish fry. 1.) I had a whole two hours of sleep that night because I fished hard, and needed sleep 2.) I have a wife and 2 year old that can't handle camping out, and I don't like to leave them for longer than one night 3.) I go to church on Saturday evenings instead of Sunday mornings, and I don't like to miss church even for fishin unless I have too. Did I need any more reasons to leave when I did? And what if people did only come to fish and not socialize at all, what do you care? Atleast they came and met people and maybe fished with someone new.

I had no intentions of stayin for the fish fry and didn't, so I didn't "take" anyone's fish, except that medulla had BBDuck and I split his share.

Please hold off on the character judgements and atleast give the benefit of the doubt. You guys know medulla well... heck I take him huntin durin duck season and fish with him nearly every weekend during the off season. You ever known medulla to keep bad company?

That's all I got to say.

Honestly, it was nice seeing you guys again. If you guys wanna spend some time socializin at the next event, ya'll are more than welcome to say hi at the cleanin table (as most everybody did) or jump in the boat. We have a darn good time and good fellowship when we're fishin. This weekend as no exception.
    I hate the Yankees.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CastnBlast's Avatar
    I knew I had ******* up by leaving my digital camera at home on Saturday . . . something always happens when you don't have a camera! Was leaving BJ's in my boat around 7:30 pm, was gonna pull up next to Ben and tell him bye. I look over and see him standing in knee deep water and the back third of his boat had disappeared! I'm thinking . . . Ben, what the heck are you doing over there . . . you forget to put the plug in or what? Gas tank and everything else was floatin'! Good thing it wasn't very deep next to the bulkhead . . . or that thing would've gone down like the Titanic!

Ben, you got that "floating brick" up for sale yet? Need to find you a wide 16' (with floatation) and be done with it. You been workin' hard most of your life . . . time to reward yourself with a bigger boat!

Must have missed Bill the drunk . . . I could tell he was gonna get wound up sooner or later. :drinking: That wouldn't have lasted long had I been around . . . I can't stand that kind of ****.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CastnBlast's Avatar
    Ya'll take it easy on these new guys . . . Capn, BBduck. Sounds like there was a lack of communication, more than anything. Was there really a shortage of fish on Saturday? Appeared to be plenty of fried catfish to me. Had they known about the fish shortage, if there really was one, then I know these guys would have left some of their catch. People should be free to come and go as they please . . . some people want to fish mostly, and some want to socialize more than fish. Me personally, I don't really care that much for catfishing, I would rather be crappie fishing or trout fishing. But I'll help out any way I can.

medulla762
    Quote Originally Posted by CastnBlast
    ...But I'll help out any way I can.

So you wanna help do you?

Ok, you can start helping by puttin' me on some of them yellow mouths...hehehe...