Page 1 of 7 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermath of May gathering at BJ's(Pictures)

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

Aftermath of May gathering at BJ's(Pictures)

Well the gathering went as normal , Mudcat's motor locked up and that took him out of commision .... Husband Gone Fishing s motors rewind went south and I sank my boat!!
    got drunk and cussed some of our ladies out, I was not there for that one .
    Too bad you all were not there to see my boat sink,, it must ah been site
    cause everyone came, to watch but NO ONe took a picture , so the motto here is 'if there ain't a picture it did not happen' that's just the way it is.there were alot of Kodack moments.Thanks to every one that helped or heckled, I got wet on this one , i ain't ah wolfing!!! :shock:
    We caught some nice fish, alot of them died either on the line or in the barrel so they had to be cleaned we lost count but there were some 20- 30 pounders. Pictures to follow ............ :P .....

Last but not least, Cheryln was no show again!!! :shock:

A very special thank you to mrs Gator and Papa gator for all the time and effort that they put into making this happen they are really swell people .
    THANK YOU!!

Thin Water Tracker

Re: Aftermath of the gathering at BJ's

[quote="Gentleben"]I sank my boat!! got drunk and cussed some of our ladies out, I was not there for that one .
    quote]

I'm I reading this right Ben Looks like I left to soon.

I hat is off to Gator and Mrs Gator on this one had a great time. Met some new people. made my first gathering fish fry and stuffed myself. Dave thanks for taking me out Friday and Medulla as always there no way I can keep up with you my friend. wen this knee get back to normal and I have a boat back under me I'll give you a run for it.

Web Owner Master in FishingTX
    Want to thank mr. and mrs. gator for hosting, and making the catfish rodeo an event that I will enjoy for monthes to come in memories, this is one i won't soon forget. thank you mrs gator, you were the perfect hostess.
    Thanks gator for taking me to pick up my jugs, i couldn't have made it without you. and for pulling me in when my motor gave up and me heading for the rocks.
    Ben thanks for the pull in wnen the motor fianaly locked up,.
    It sounds like i had a bad time, with all the trouble, and my new motor breaking down, but if you count up all the good things i have been given and all the wonderful friends i now have, the motor is just a small incident.
    I have a policy with the tracker people for 6 years on the boat motor and all accessories on the boat. I believe what ever gave up will be covered. this was a policy not with mecury.
    there was good food and, I want to thank all the people that came, I can't remember all but thanks anyway. I had a great time, and can't wait till the next one. I think however these things should be held only about 3 or 4 times a year and dates set ahead so every one will be able to take all the time off work they need and plan for it.
    Thanks all again, had a good time see you all at the next one.

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Enjoyed it much guys... but there was too much fishin to be done to stay around and visit! Caught plenty of fish, 9 gallon bags full of filets between three of us I believe. Got around 15 or 20 before midnight, then pretty close to a limit for Saturday.

So who had big fish for the trip? I heard rumors of a 35lb fish? We had a 21.5 and a 15.5 on our boat, but no monsters.
    I hate the Yankees.

i hope that lil thang at the bottom of yer post is talkin bout baseball!!!

i really what to thank a few special people as this was my first event and as most know i been pretty sick for a while and needed lots of help first my wife anita she ran the camp while i was trying to catch some fish so she had the short end of the stick but did a real good job and o course her right hand man on the job mr. paul man is a supurb cook and was greatly need . mr. mudcat sent us off sat morning with a wonderful breakfast biscqits and gravy sausage man i hungry again just thinking about all the food. special thanks goes out to gentle ben for the run home to get some more fish so we had enought for dinner thanks ben for all the help on bringing this together once again got to meet alot of new friends and some old ones again and got some killer deer sausage from don thanks don d.
    we caught alot of really small fish but did catch a good some for the dinner we had 67 people come and go friday and saturday. to the ladies that heared some ramblings from the owner i apologize from the bottom of my heart for this and i know if im in charge of another IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. thanks to all that came and to the ones that had boat mishaps i hope it works out and we get out there again. fish on my brothers and sisters.

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcat
    i hope that lil thang at the bottom of yer post is talkin bout baseball!!!
    You betcha! I'm an Astros fan... but when/if the Astros lose out, I'm a fan of whoever is playing against the Yankees! :lol:

Sorry to hear about what happened with the ladies, that stinks. Can't stand a guy who 1.) Gets drunk in public 2.) Cusses in front of ladies.

Gator, your wife did a fine job. Although she did threaten me for my autograph when we started to shove off!
    I hate the Yankees.

Hey capn, who all was fishin wit you? Sorry you didn't have time to visit with us, all them fish y'all caught would've been nice of you to share with some of the less fortunate, but that's life some people take and not give, some give but not take. . we had a nice time gettin to know everyone that fishes the lake, We had a few problems but will work on the next one. we ain't gonna stop having these get togathers just because of a few inconsiderance of a few.

The good side

This is the good side:;;
    Don Diego our site crappie pro, did a little damage to the crappie population and did what most people wouldn't, he gave them to some ladies that were fishing off the bank that is Fsihingtx hospitality!!
    Thank you Don Diego