Thread: West bay tip for the weekend....

Senior Member Master in FishingTX

West bay tip for the weekend....

Don't know who is gonna fight the wind or the HOuston Navy this weekend but I wanted to share a tip. All week when I come to work 2:30 pm and then back over around 4-6 there are birds working around the causeway area. Pelicans and gulls, sometimes in 2-3 groups, both sides and between the brigdes. Also been some guys set up with lights at the causeway for the past 3 nights (2 different boats, with lights), same 2 each night so guess the wind ain't hurting them either. I may get out after hours myself but not sure.
    Tight lines and stay safe this weekend. 8)
    watching the skies...

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    We have set up lights along the wall there by the railroad tracks on the galveston side of the causeway. Many nights have resulted in many good fishing trips. The wall will protect from the s s/e winds.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Be careful fishing from the wall skinner. The guys at the bridge told me that the RR folks somtimes come out and write tickets for tresspass on the RR property. I hear the fines are pretty steep. A lot of folks fish there and guess they don't come out often but they do from time to time.
    watching the skies...