Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sept. Gathering

Web Owner Master in FishingTX
    Why don't you all try to something new. Cagle is a great campground and L. Houston has nothing like it. So, why not camp and catfish at Cagle/Conroe and arrange the suggested crappie tourney on L. Houston for Saturday Morning? Best of both worlds, and knocks out a couple of agenda items in one weekend.

The lakes are close enough that if somebody wanted to participate in both they could easily trailer the boat back and forth.

Just a suggestion to try and reach a consensus.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Good , good getting some good input, sound s like evryone wants it up there :lol:
    Need some one to set it up since i know nothing anbout those parts of the world;;
    Ok someone stand up and be counted ,who wants it ??
    Where the heck u coming from BBduck?? o h by the way ,i have a very good attitude :shock:
    Jugs don't get stolen in Lake hosuton BIG BIG fish take them and you see them a month or two later we'll find yours someday!!

medulla762
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcat
    ... there is a hellofabigfishwaitinonmeupthere.

No joke wish I could have just seen that one!

Boat and I also missed a goodun the same weekend.

Too bad we can't all have camera crews on every trip, that would be cool.

Thin Water Tracker
    Ok I have to put my two cents in here. And I don’t make you mad Ben but when it come to room LHM can’t even come close to what Cagle has to offer. I have been at both places and have never had to wait 30 min to just get out of my boat to get to the truck and then 20 more min. to get to the ramp at Cagle. It the nom. At LHM and not to make you lake Houston guys mad but as far as catching fish there is no comparison between Houston and Conroe you can fill a boat in half the time on Conroe than on lake Houston. The only things Cagle doesn’t have that LHM has is a bait shop and store and Ben’s house around the corner. In my opinion as far as a place that can handle a large group of people Cagle hands down. the price to stay is the same. When I started logging on this board it seem everyone wanted to have a good time on these gatherings no matter were they were. And that seems to be what happing here to a point. Lets face it Lake Houston just can cover the needs of the group so why not move it to where it does the best for the group as a whole and not just because someone just has to have it in their back yard. The first one on Cagle what I read was a great time for all. Between over time and a out of state wedding I’m out of pocket the whole month. If I had a vote I would say Cagle hands down. True Fishermen learn to adjust! Just my two cent worth.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Don, it has already been settled but thatnks for ur 2 cents, it did take charcyter to write that post thanks.

ahd

Nine Lives
    FINALLY !!!
    Count me in for Cagle.
    1 camp site needed

thanks nine lives, thats 24, 25 and 26of sept.

well i will have to take some vacation but if thats the date im in. vacation posted will be there friday 10am or so ,cooker, 4 ice chest full of ice,oil, and any anything else needed will talk it up closer but for you guys that have not made one of these i have had to use vacation to make alot of these but they are worth it (lucky im maxed out on vacation) but if you can find a way to be there be there we will get you in a boat and get you on the fish.

hey nine lives if its just gonna be you i would not get a site i believe we can put a tent on site with a camper you welcome to bunk with the gators