Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sept. Gathering

was there monday night and tuesday morning there are plenty spots gets full friday -sunday im sure but a great place to go they are still working on the office.

Web Owner Master in FishingTX
    Quote Originally Posted by CatfishAdventures(T-ROB)
    the bottom camp grounds is open, mudcat has figured out the fish cleaning situation,
    There are some electrical transformer boxes (the big army green type) just to the left of the boat ramp. I always take a piece of plywood and place on top of them to clean fish. They are the right hieght, solid and close to the water to discard the remains.

(I have a cordless power filet knife so I don't have to worry about an outlet)

Just an fyi in case you didn't know about them.

Nine Lives
    In the last salty tourney that I was in, it was a $30 entry fee. They gave out raffle tickets to everyone entered that showed up for the weigh-in. For the categories that didn't place, they gave out those winnings thru a draw of the raffle tickets. This gave the underdogs a chance to get at least something out of it.

Nine Lives
    Without knowing Mudcat's setup for fish cleaning, maybe a temporary / mobile cleaning table with the carcasses put directly into a trash can with a bag and lid?

Here is what i'm thinking for a contest for the land lubbers, that want to get in on the excitement.
    There will be attachments sold that will be put in the jugs,. No one will know what the things are except the committe , the people that want to enter will buy as many jugs as they want for $1.00 ea. The jugs belong to the fishermen that have boats. they won't actually buy the jugs , they will be buying the tag that is inside.
    The jugs then are put out by the boatmen. during the day the jugs will be run and the fish taken off, as they are taken off the tag is attached to the tail, and put into the livewell. when the fish are brought to the boat ramp the tag will be read and weighed and applied to the # that is on the tag. the tag # will tell who'es it belongs to. 10 fish limit, highest weightwins
    We may need some men or women that have liscense to go with the boatmen so we can catch thier limit of fish. All fish that are tagged will be returned to the water. I'll check the legalities of the catch going against the boatmen limit of daily possession, if they are let go at the ramp after weighed.
    There is more to this, but basically this is for everyone.
    What you'all think?
    Any questions post here.
    Prize money paid out 50%--25%---15%
    the other 10% will go to prizes for drawings.

As soon as this is finalized we will start to take entries and selling the tags.

I posted this earlier but wanted to let anybody know because there are landlubbers out there. I have a 17' cc If somebody would like to fish with me they are more than welcome. Heck it's going to be a new lake for me and I'm a rookie anyways.

choo choo man hunting a ride

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Ur the one with all the boats :lol: that float and run :?
    i am scheduled off that Sat and "may" be there for the fellowship and fish fry!!

All "newbies" Remember that all the fish caught up to sat morning go into a pot for the sat cook off after that it's fair game what ever you catch and sent some home with the least fortunate... 8)

Now the big question we gonna be able to resevre site? Just wondering cause I looked a reserveusa found the park but nosites available. Is it because they're redoing the park or something else.

I believe it's firt come first serve, not to sure.