Thread: Scholling Sandies

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar

Scholling Sandies

My son, me a friend and his son were all out on Lewisville Friday morning. We were in the groove with the sandies and catching one every cast. The fish went into a frenzie and started schooling on the surface. The only other boat in the area saw it and ran over to where they were blowing up on the surface, shut down his big motor right in the middle of them and chunked a great big anchor out.
    Of course the fish scattered and we quit catching fish. I was a little peeved cause the kiddos were having such a good time. My son turns to me and says "Dad, that boat messed up our fishin didn't he?" I tell him yes and he says well that's just not right, don't they know we were fishing here and now they have messed it up for us?"

Anybody else ever had to deal with this type of moron? I wanted to use a few choice words out loud at them fellers but figured I had better refrain from that since the kiddos were with us. Both kids were prettty upset with the other boat. Me and Steve just had to look at each other and bite our tongues.
    Phish On!

Web Owner Master in FishingTX
    Oh yeah I've had it happen to me before. I was fishing Sommerville before I spent about 1min sneeking up on some that were close to the bank When lo and behold MR. BIGBOAT comes blowing up right in the middle of em scared all off.

I used to fish a place called Temple Lake Park on Belton Lake. Where the sandies school early in the morning during summer. Sometimes there would be 20 boats out there working. Never had any probs. WE all would go to the shad busting the surface and surround them. Never would you see anybody bust the middle of em.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CastnBlast's Avatar
    If you don't say anything to morons like that . . . they'll just keep on doing it. Some people just don't know any better, but some are just plain . Hard to tell which type you were dealing with.

Hope you at least gunned the big motor and left a big wake for them when you moved, just to let them know how much you appreciated the courtesy they showed you!

Thin Water Tracker
    You see it every day on the bay when you try to work gulls over schooling trout. If you are not on them when they start then you not going to get more than a few mins before your over run. Maybe one time out of ten you get some good time in an a school feeding the one nine times you have someone that has to run right though the school and break them up. and thats on a wekk day don't even think about it on a weekend thats when the pot lickers are knee deep. if people would just take the time to set back and see how they are working they could have a chance at some fast fun fishing but they think running up in to the middle of the gulls is the way to work them.

Web Owner Master in FishingTX
    In my case I didn't. He came andleft before I even got to the school.