Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jugging contest for land lubbers

Web Owner Master in FishingTX

jugging contest for land lubbers

Re cancelled.

Nine Lives
    I think it's a great idea Mudcat.

Question, What if I put out a jug with an "attachment" and the jugline catches more than one fish, then ?

you only have one attachment, i would put it on the biggest fish, who ever runs the lines won't know who's the attachment is anyway.

Sounds pretty fair so far Mudcat. Only one question How bout the placement of those jugs? I'm only asking for other because I have a boat. Seems like you gonna have to make sure they are going to be set in good areas. And will the people setting them out be setting jugs for themselves too?

cancelled

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar
    What's the law say on possessing fish in the boat till you get to the ramp? If a fish is caught, placed in a live well then transported to shore for weigh in, is that considered possession?
    I've looked all through the TP&W site and can't find where is states the definition of possession.

I like the idea of the tag system. That would definately get land locked folks a chance.

I would get some clarification from the GW on what is possession. We were always told that if you made an attempt to possess then you were considered as such. Meaning that if you caught a fish and put it in a storage tank or ice chest then you were considered as possessing that fish from then on. Even if you were intending to let it go after taking it to shore.

Medulla, you ever had to deal with this type of ruling. I mostly got mine from tournament fishing. But then again, that's a different breed of animal.
    Phish On!

medulla762
    Fellas I'm sure I will at least make a showing but as much as I like jugging I love puttin' my dawg on them blue bullets that much more.

If teal season is open I will be hunting that weekend and will try and come by at night.

I will most likely be fishing every weekend until then so I will be glad to help with jug placement as much as possible.

Dang, I'm going to hate to miss this one!

It would have been perfectly legal, thank you this is from texas parks and wildlife

assume you're talking about catfish,

Legally, you can have up to 25 of these fish for each person, in your live well at any one time. If it's in a live well, you're "keeping" it, until you let it go. If you release some, you can keep fishing, so long as you don't have more than 25 fish per licensed angler in the boat. If you release all the fish, you could theoretically "start over" and each catch 25 more.
    The point is mute now anyway. cancelled

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    We talkin about the contest cancelled or the gathering??? :lol:

Nine Lives
    Date is already scheduled on the "calendar". So for us, it's on.