Thread: Hey Medula!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX

Hey Medula!!!

I couldn't stand it so I went to the Flagship for a look anyway. Some caught a few schoolies but those were very few. MOst of the people were bottom fishing and didn't look like they knew what they were doing so after about 30 min, I didn't see any reason for me to pay and show them how to do it.
    Of course, I'll probably have to look again tonight.
    watching the skies...

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    How did the water look? It was slick calm crossing over the bay near Baytown today. BBDuck and I are fishin Thursday am, if this calm continues I'd strongly consider the beachfront.
    I hate the Yankees.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Water wasn't bad as far as surf goes but it was dirty until you got past the rock groins. Durring the daylight hours, 91st and looked like the flagship theads were in good water but it was still alittle off-color when i checked it at midnight. There were torut in the lights but all the ones I saw were small. Most of the fishers were using dead shrimp on the bottom or spec rigs. I didn't want to throw the "killer" baits for schoolies. West bay has been looking GREAT!
    watching the skies...

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Thanks! If it improves tonight, let us know tomorrow! The sweet se wind should be doing good things for us.
    I hate the Yankees.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Thanks OutLaw good info!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar
    Wouldn't you know....... The conditions start to get right, and I can't go fish it. That's about my luck.

Thats alright. Mid July I'll be looking for some green surf in Port Aransas. Anybody know anybody that is in the know of where to go and pole for reds in and around P A.
    Phish On!

Web Owner Master in FishingTX
    shamrock cove early a.m. lots of flats back there full of big reds.

then go inside ransom island after 0930 for reds on cutbait.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme Bgbluecat's Avatar

Instead of Port Aransas

Instead of PA go on down the coast a little and launch at Snoopy's under the east side of the JFK causeway. Run south down the ICW about 10 miles. no matter which direction the wind comes, you can find fishable/wading water. Like to throw plastic. Do so while waist deep or slow drift and cast downwind in 3-6 ft of water. Plenty of specks, reds and flatties.
    Did it most weekends when I lived there - too far to tow a boat now.