Thread: christmas bay

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme

christmas bay

I am planning a little run from brazoria national refuge into christmas bay. Ive never ran out there before and was wondering if anybody had any advice or maybe a spot to try (or a reef to avoid). If anybody is that far south this weekend give me holler. Any advice would be appreciated and hopefully will be able to give a plentiful report monday.

medulla762
    Stay in the middle of the bayou while running to Bastrop Bay. There are some large poles on the left that could be overlooked or just underwater.

Use caution when crossing the icw.

Once in Bastrop keep just to the right of the pvc markers. The channel is narrow.

Lots of reefs in Bastrop just off the channel that hold fish. Give 'em a look. The fish will be there or they will not. Give 'em a few cast and if no bites hit the next one.

Fish the piles by the houses on the left.

Fish the deep hole junction of Bastrop and Christmas.

Fish the reefs along the old icw in southwest Christmas.

Fish the channel joining Christmas Bay and Drum Bay.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    thanks for the info. Will be back down there in the next couple weeks. Never got a boat in the water (do to a massive honey do list) but did fish from the bank by Demi-John. Caught lots of fish but only a few large enough to fry up. I really liked the area down there. Was told to hit cox and oyster lakes. Can't wait. Thanks again for the tips and holes.