Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Houston Muster Oct 23rd 04

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

Muster Postponed

Sorry guys but we'll have to postpone this muster til Nov. when I can have my boat ready and maybe we'll pick up enough campers to cover all the costs.About the 19 , 20 weekend that will give us enogh time to organize.

After numberous calls and careful diliberation I decided to make it a one day thing on Sat Oct 23 rd we can meet at the big Park on Sunny glenn and just have a good ole time . 8)
    I will be using my secret ole recipe of G&B Ultra cutbait :lol: :lol: , i'll let you all in on my secret recipe, it is beef heart with garlic powder and works good on cats except for RedNeck Soap ,It really won't matter about who catches more or the biggest I will have some jug kits and will show who ever wants how to make the Fishingtx Flagging Juggs come by I wll have my smoker going all day so come on out you'll be glad you did !!

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme MicroSoft's Avatar
    Thanks GB and I'll need a qt of that GB bait.
    America, Love it or leave it!!

To get to the park turn north on Lake Houston Parkway when you get to where the street forks take a left, go all the way down til you see Sunny Glenn on the right.

It will be about the third street to the right turn there, if you get to where the street turns to the left you have just missed it on the right, turn around and go back,

Follow Sunny Glenn around til you see the park gate on the left and turn there!! You have finally made it, give yourself a big pad on the back!!

I know lot of you folks read and don't sign up, but I need a response from all who will be at the Oct 23 Muster so I can get Guest passes for everyone in attendance,.
    Thank you

dpiper
    I'll be there with three guests.

dpiper
    I'll be there with three guests.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme Bgbluecat's Avatar
    Would like to do this Ben but, you know it's still archery season. Will be at the lease that weekend. Will try to make the next one. Did spend some time on the lake this past Sunday. Did poorly. Fished my usual spots at the usual depth and only got five fish. Another fellow was jugging the surface (appeared to be at about 3 and 5 foot) and he was catching more than I.

I did find a large dead flathead cat (70-75lbs) floated up against one of the new islands rising from the lake. No apparent cause for mortality. Waste of a trophy fish.