Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 21# flounder

Thin Water Tracker
    Black Salty's were the go to bait for me last year. they are like candy to the flat fish. they are great because. you can keep then in a buck no air and they will keep for a week. When I hit long change I'll buy four to five Doz. and use them for a week. Same pirce as mullet but they are a snap to keep. I jsut leave them in the boat and they are ready for the next trip. year before last I just played around with them but last year they were all I use in the run and it paid off.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    wow they can stay alive for a week with no air! Do you have to change the water often? Lots of times i have left over bait fish and just let them go only to be caught and bought again the following weekend. I didnt know they were so durable. going to fish the gal. yaucht basin this weekend. hopefully the flat critters will be hungry.

Thin Water Tracker
    Yes a week without a water change. I use a large Cool Bubbles bucker It's about a 6gal bucket with insulation. When the weather is cool they last if it's warm I bring them in then house. But normal in the run it's cool. If you want to change the water they give you the mix on their site. It's http://www.blacksalty.com/index.html
    If the wife would have moved her horse back out on a acre I was going to use her 75 gal water trough she had and set up a tank with a pump and then buy them 12 doz. at a time.