Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 21# flounder

Thin Water Tracker

21# flounder

I was doing some pre flounder run surffing. always looking for new INFO and reports ran on to this. I think I need to buy a plane ticket.

http://store.tackletogo.com/maresfloun.html

medulla762
    Don, when do we leave?

Reckin' we could get in a little peacock bass fishing while we where over there?

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Nice Post
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    Joe I would be there in a min if it wasn't so far. I'll be looking for her little sister here in a few weeks. Come on cold weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    managed a nice stringer of flounder back in greens and over in flamingo isle last sat. Fished an out going tide. the flounder werent very big (14.5 -16) with one 19". used finger mullets. going to try to go gigging here in the next few days since we already ate what we caught. the water was super smooth and a cool breeze made it seem like paradise. cant wait to hit it again.

the opening of deer season sure took alot of boats off the bay.

Randy
    minner skinner, that is a big flounder.

those are inches not pounds. not sure how much they weighted but sure it wasn't very much. Although I might have gained a few pounds after that fish dinner. not sure when the big one's will move on out but any advice would be great.

Thin Water Tracker
    I would start looking by mid week next week the drop in day time temp is going to kick those big girls in the A$$ they should start moving. That is if the weather man is telling it right this time. I hope to be out there the following week if all goes well.
    Got some old stompen grounds and I have a few new places I want to try. With this late start we'll be catching them well into next year unless oldman winter goes all out over the next month a half. Just may be time to take some vacation.

thanks TWT, Hoping the rain stays away as this front really chilled things off today. Last year I saw alot of flounder being caught on fresh dead shad (medhaden) while i had mudminnows and only a few fish. Seen some big flounders caught on croakers. Any "secret" baits that really works well on those running flounders that anybody might want to share? I'll try just about anything. Caught my biggest halibut ever on half of a rainbow trout after running out of live smelt. Not sure what she was thinking or was i was thinking but it worked atleast once.