Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dec 17 &18 Mini Muster

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Yes, dpiper your wife is welcome any body is welcome!!

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    I will only be there for one reason

warden or no warden its gonna happen

cherylrw
    To fish right? LOL

:? Jerry , Jerry , what is the one thing you gonna do?? i go to eat ,you could not tell by lookin at my 250Lb carcass but i love to eat. :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleben
    :? Jerry , Jerry , what is the one thing you gonna do?? i go to eat ,you could not tell by lookin at my 250Lb carcass but i love to eat. :shock:
    SLIME THAT TOON

That's what I thought but the warden gonna be standinbg guard and you know what happens to bad boys . Glas u rcoming bring your boat in case mine blows up or my traile axle breaks bwhahahahahhaa

saundecw
    What location on Lake Houston? I have to work until 6 PM on the 17th and will be on call the next four days but Lake Houston is close enough to make it to work if I get called in.

Hello all!! Looks like AlGonzo (my brother) and I will be there since we have our permission slips filled out and AUTHORIZED!!! Hopefully this visit to Lake Houston will be a successful visit since our last couple have been disasters. I'll tell ya'll what....we have some good fishing stories for those that would like to hear them....just not any that involve fish being caught! I'm sure some of ya'll probably saw us on the lake and thought.....what the heck are those idiots doin? I know our two boys thought that about us!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    That's right.... If any of you guys ever saw two fat mexicans and two little boys with them in a little 14' jon....WITH NO MOTOR.. about two miles out of BJ's Marina with a 36# trolling motor as a boat motor, no anchor...drifting like you wouldn't believe, rowing our fat carcasus making donuts in the middle of the lake because I'm controlling one oar while teamgonzo works on the other oar for two miles....IN THE FREAKIN RAIN.. with plenty of ice chest and no fish after a devistating typical day at the lake for us.......YUP THAT WAS US.... But like they say... LIVE AND LEARN. That's right, that day we learned a valuable lesson, NEVER GO FISHING WHEN THERE'S AN 80% CHANCE OF RAIN AND YOU DON'T HAVE A REAL MOTOR TO GET YOU BACK TO THE MARINA ON TIME, AND SECONDLY DON'T USE A TROLLING MOTOR AS A REAL MOTOR AND RUN IT AT TOP SPEED FOR ABOUT TWO HOURS AND TWO MILES INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE, AND EXPECT IT TO GET YOU BACK. Let's just say that after a few more of those trips we vowed not to go back until we got us a real GAS POWERED motor. But did we listen........ HECK NO!!!!!

And that was probably one of the most successful trips we've had yet. So don't even ask about the unsuccessful ones. I'll save those for the campfire late night at the December muster.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Larry G
    Been there and done that Algonzo! The only thing , I was a LITTLE smarter, I used a 5 horse motor. For years, I had a 12' V and then upgraded to a 14' Jon. I was in high cotton. Father'n law and I caught 300 sand bass in one day out of the V. :twisted: [Don't get excited Mr. Warden, I've quit drinking years ago and have been clean ever since]. I have even had a 12' Jon on Cedar Creek. Now that is really dumb!