Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dec 17 &18 Mini Muster

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Well needless to say our father-inlaw gave us a hand-me-down old 1977 workhorse of an engine, 6HP dinosaur. After a few attempts to get it out on the lake, I finally got it going. [Believe me... don't ask about those attempts either. That's a whole'nother camp fire story there].

But guess what :?: Still haven't caught any fish :shock:

Oh well... Like I said before....LIVE AND LEARN. And believe me... We've learned a whole lot of things NOT TO DO...when fishing.

Too bad we haven't learned too many THINGS TO DO... when fishing.

Oh well, that's what I've got you guys for. Maybe Gentleben will LEARN ME A THANG UR 2.

Check out what Santa is getting me for Christmas...

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

I've got:
    1 - full propane tank
    2 - tables
    Let me know if I need to bring them.

Who's incharge of organizing this thing. Gentleben?
    Let's get a head count going...and a list of items needed.

Thin Water Tracker
    Were is it going to be at I have thing to do that weekend but will try and get out there and do a little fishing. Is it ta lake houston Marina or at Ben park? Is there a place to stay over night or doI have to camp in my boat.

dpiper
    TWT its at Ben's place.

Algonzo, I too have been there done that. My fist was one of thise 10' PVC jobbers from Academy with a trolling motor. My wife was out fishing in it on one of my working days and got a ticket because it did not have TX numbers. It turms out that if you use a trolling motor you have to have the boat register.

On a smarter note we always took two batteries. One out there and one back.

We did get caught in a gully washer once and it filled the boat with water. Those things won't sink. Take notes of that GB.

Later.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    I think we have all been there,

I too have a 10ft pelican ram from academy, been caught in the rain and took on some water, but the boat held up.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    So there no over night stuff. It's a drive in each day type of deal. That ok I'll just make it for one day then most likely Friday or Sunday.

That's what I was wonding... Is there any camping going on... I figured we'd all still be on the lake late at night doing some night jugging, catch a few z's in the tent and go back early in the morning.

I asked who all was camping out... but nobody replied yet.

Thin Water Tracker
    I don't think there is camoing there you have to sleep in your boat or stay up all night. I'm not sure I didn't make it last time. You could always pay the $15 at lake houston marina and stay there it just next door. I'm just guessing I have no idea.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Ben or Randy should have a definite answer, I am sure they will post before too long.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Where you at Ben???? Edumacate us!!!!