Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plastic Lures

Thin Water Tracker
    Best I have ever came up with for those hard to reach places. http://terraserver-usa.com/default.aspx

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    thanks TWT, most of the maps ive seen show greens and carauchua lakes but stop just short of the marsh area. I'll give it a try and let y'all know if i was able to find it. probly wont be till spring before i head back out that way. although there is a 12' hole surronded by 3-4' waterback in there. maybe some fish will stack up in there during a cold spell. just wondering anybody was ever used the halls bayou ramp on 2004 to get to chocolate bayou?

Thin Water Tracker
    I've been back there it look like really thin water till you get into it. but most of the one I got into had water as deep as 10 foot. I can see these areas holding winter trout.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    just want to share something new i learned on a recent bass fishing session . Was fishing in a small pond that regularly saw plastic worms. After a few small fish and alot of casting with a worm decided to change it up a bit. Retrieved a green bass assassin that i use in saltwater. Having no weights just used a bass worm hook and this weird plastic as decribed by the local pond owner. A really slow sinking rate and a retrieve that would make a erratic u-turns and darts between little jerks. The next 20 minutes were a highlight reel as 3-5 lb pond bass just keep slammed my plastic which was within inches of the surface much to the dismay of competive local onlookers (relatives that you only see on holidays). So atleast for a year I will retain bragging rights. So if you see a fishingtx member coming to fish your hole, better watch out. Thanks for all the info, tips ,honey holes, experiences and just for having a good time. O and thanks to bass assassins.

Thin Water Tracker
    It wild how something they have never seen just knock them dead. years a go we were on a buddy deer lease and it had a few stock ponds. I took shrimp for dinner and we had about a pint left over that I didn't cook. So I too them down to one of the ponds and tore up the bass and brim. In fact all the crew was down their the next day and we ended up taking home a box full of brim, cats and a few bass. something I had never seen the five of us had to catch over 200 fish that day out of a two acre pond. I guess they never had shrimp and like it.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Same thing happened to me at a stock pond, it was not fished often at all and we used artificial worms and a few small jigs and caught about 150 or so bass between the three of us. The bass were aggresive and hti anything that moved, one of the most memorable fishing trips ever.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

elpescador24

Halls bayou ramp

Minner Skinner,I once luanched my 14ft.jon alweld/25 evinrude boat
    at halls bayou.If i remember correctly i dodged alot of crab traps
    heading downstream.It empties into Halls Lake and its shallow.But
    if you have a tunnel ,(1 0r 2 foot depth)water shouldn't be a peoblem.
    Yes,you can reach chocolate bay bye way of halls bayou ramp.
    theres a cut that leads you into chocolate bay(bayou),,
    I understand redfish are caught in the bayou(halls)regularly...