Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Lures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dpiper

Plastic Lures

Hey TWT or minner skinner do either of yall ever use artifical lures in saltwater? I heard that corkies and saltwater assinsin work well for reds and specs.

Here is the link to the corky lure:

http://www.corkybandl.com/index.htm

If you haven't used it (which you probraly have) ya'll ought to give it a try.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar
    Paul Brown Is the man when it comes to winter fishing lures. The origanal corky is awsome. I like the corky devil best. get some you won't regret it. One other thing work that corky slow with a little twitch here and there. SA's are one of the only lures I use, in many colors though ,, winter(3/8 head) summer (1/4 oz. head).
    The fish are in the water!

Thin Water Tracker
    It they sale it I can almost say I have it. One thing about corky is to work them slow in fact this time of year everything should be slowed down. I think my go to bait as far a hardware is the top dog and shedogs. Something about that top water blowup once it's in your blood it's hard not to try them first thing. as the wate temp keeps dropping 52M are going to start paying off on sand flats.
    Whatever type of lure you use the trick is to remember what you do on each cast so when you do hook up you and work it the same on the next cast. You'll cast 10 to 20 times more than you do with meat but the fish will be bigger.

dpiper
    I know what you mean by "blowup". Before I was in this wheelchair I did a lot of trash I mean bass fishing. It was incredible watching a bass coming over a lily pad to swallow your lure or having one come out of the water at your feet as you are lifting the lure out of the water. WOW!

Never worked plastic in saltwater. But did alot of reading though.

Keep it up.

Thin Water Tracker
    The main thing is just remember what you did when you hooked up and change up the way you work it back in ever doz or so cast. Slower in cold water and faster in warm is just about the only real rule I have ever gone by other than darker colors on cloudy day and lighter on brite days but that isn;t always the rule the water color can change that some. But most use about four color and shade of those.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    One of the proudest moments I've ever had fishing was throwing plastics and to out fish my buddy who was using live bait. I almost felt like i knew what i was doing. Recently Ive begun to throw the Norton bull minnows more cause I've tired of working the sands eels. Although when stuffing a flounder, the left over plastics never taste as good as left over bait shrimp.

dpiper
    TWT using darker lures at dawn and dusk and on heavy overcast days always seem strang to me but it generally worked and I followed that rule. That was in my young b@$$ days. Good comments.

MS It does fill good to out with nothing but a rod-n-reel and a few lures and bring home a full creel.

Donald

Thin Water Tracker
    Skinner, talking about plastic in fish. Reminds me of a time a buddy and I was fishing in LA .we had been knocking out the perch and we had about 130 for the day which was a lost of cleaning but they were all good size. We filet them and in one of the smaller red ears we found a eight inch plastic worm. Looking at the size of the worm and the size of his mouth he had to do a little work to get that thing down. He took me in to some of the really cool places in the river basin to fish. I think a man could spend a week in there and never go down the same channel.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Thin Water Tracker

Perch are some good eatin fish, especially if you get into a school of the large ones, great post.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    well with all those channels i would get lost. i get lost in the marshes in the back of greens lake. does anybody know where i could get a map of those marshes? I'm gonna give those running flounders some thing to think about this weekend.