Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Dec 17th & 18th mini muster update

Senior Member Master in FishingTX BIGDAVE's Avatar
    Donnie I ain't the best either. But I'll teach you what I know. Let me see Hmmmm......... Now I remimber! This was a quote from my teacher as he reached down to pick the bait from my net "Dang, Dave that was a sorry cast. But that don't matter as long as you get bait. Hurry up and cast again!"
    IF You Don't Go, You Won't Know

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Hehehehheh ,u funny most folks tha tdon't me probabl ycould not tell by lookin at me but"I like to eat" dry weight at 255 lbs wet about 275 lbs
    It is gonna be a gas with the World Famous and rekown Randy the Catfishboat Fresina and all of his talents we 'll have a good time and catch some fish doing it!!
    Watch them halapenos :lol: :lol: I can suck up the whole pan in short order. hehhehe
    I am using deer hearts or liver or range cubes or deer gutts liver chad er perc h or mudcats

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Those casting nets can be tough, but it's worth learning how to throw it. You can catch lots of bait in a hurry.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Teamgonzo and I have a casting net. It was also a birthday gift to him... too bad we haven't used it much. I think we caught about two branches with it once... that's about it.

I'll take it also.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    There is an easy to use casting net out called " The Easy Cast " it comes in a round plastic case and is sold at Wal-Mart. It has an instructional video with it that shows how to use the net. What makes it so easy to use is a metal ring that you flip one end of the net over and throw it like a frisbe or a discus and it will open everytime. It is a great little net that makes casting really easy for anyone but it's especially great if you don't have a lot of experience with a casting net. I think the average around $25 or so.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    BIGDAVE, Gentleben...

I got a question to ask you guys... I've got an uncle of mine who loves fishing. He tries to go Saltwater fishing but unfortunately doesn't have any luck like me and Teamgonzo. He's got a bad case of the "Gonzo-sindrome" I guess it runs in the family. He's also new to fishing and just recently started collecting fishing equipment like myself. He mostly goes fishing by himself off the piers in Galveston and Baytown... but like I said... the only thing he's caught was a cold. I'm going to try and get him hooked on FishingTx to learn a thing or two. He's a machinest by trade like my dear father, but also gets a paycheck from the good Lord... that's right he's also Pastor at a Christian Church in Southeast Houston. I was wondering if I could bring my uncle with me to the muster and show him what a wonderful group of fisherman looks like. Like myself and Teamgonzo, he's also ancious to catch some fish for the first time. I didn't want to just show up with an un-invited guest and nowhere for him to go... so I was wondering if he could hang out with us on Friday night with who ever is going to take us on their pontoon.

So that means that it would be Teamgonzo and son Algonzo and Algonzo Jr., and my uncle. What do you guys think?.... Will we fit somewhere Friday night? I'm thinking about driving my son back home once it gets pretty late to catch some ZzZzZz's because my wife made breakfast reservation with Santa Claus at the Downtown Aquarium for that Saturday morning around 9:00 AM :cry: :cry: :cry: So that means that I won't be there Saturday morning... I'm so dearly hoping that I could talk my wife into going Saturday afternoon with me and my son, after the breakfast to go eat catfish and duck sausage with everybody.... wait a minute that didn't sound too good did it... :lol: Anyways let me know if you guys think my uncle will fit so that I could let hime know ahead of time. I just didn't want to invite him without clearing with the gang first.

Also until what time will you guys by out there on Saturday, and what time will the oil start cracking? Don't want to miss lunch.... :shock:
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Thin Water Tracker
    Well I'm having to work that chicken foot in OT with the weather that they are saying we are going to have next weekend. I'm still fighting this cold it been 15 days and two trip to the doctor. The wife is starting to bark about me being out in the cold and rain. I my just have to sneek away next friday night. Wroking on getting on the down hill side of this cold doing all I can to kick it. The only thing I hate is I 'm going in to the med center on the 16th and going to be seeing the transplant team for my yearly once over. and get the news on all the test I have been going through for the last two months. I know they are going to jump me abotu my blood sugar and blood pressure. Jsut can't stay away from that sweet stuff. I'm happy to be a live but this sure has put a damper on my fishing over the last year. I'm just hoping they are not going to lay down more rule that will knock out more of my outdoors trips.. As it stands I'm still planning to be there Friday evening. If that get washed I be there Sat. Morning and be able to stay till maybe thrree or four.

Dang, Don I didn't know you was fighting the flu too! Please don't over do it. If you decide not to make it, we will understand. Heck this won't be the last muster. We want you around a long time. Just do the right thing. lol

Algonzo, Yes your uncle can come. You didn't have to ask. But thanks for asking. My plan is to arrive at the park Friday morning between 8 & 9. Set out jugs, return to the park around noon and set everything up. 4 to 6pm run jugs. Meet everybody, help them launch as they arrive and shuttle people with out boats to the toons. Run jugs around midnight and again at daybreak. Then clean fish and prepare for the fishfry. Start frying at noon. Heck, I am like a tree limb. I'll can bend in whatever direction the wind blows. HeeHee lol

Thin Water Tracker
    Thanks for the kind words Dave. I’m really having fishing with draw’s. I missed most of the summer saltwater fishing due to the virus in the water the wife made me promise that I would hit the salt till the end of the Oct. when the water cooled down and killed off the virus. Well it’s like I have been fighting one cold off after another. This last one ended up in my chest and just hadn’t been able to shake it. If I only can make it out for a few hours Sat. I hate that I have a 20 ft boat just setting in the drive way and can haul some of the newbes around and show them a jugging good time. If I only show up Sat morning I’ll be sure to Check in and see if there’s something the camp needs before I pull out. I think I have Ben’s cell number on my phone.