Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 245678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dec 17th & 18th mini muster update

Larry G
    Ben.....Dern shame to muck up that pretty boat with fish do-do. :cry: Where's the pictures of the foul weather cover?

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    I'll bring the condiments, plates, forks, cups, & trash bags, but how many people we expecting so I'll know how much of each to bring? I'm also gonna bring some of my mom's famous tamales for ya'll to get a taste of. She usually makes them around the holidays. I've never tasted them off the grill, but I could just imagine the taste! Hmmmmmm, I wonder if her and my wife can make us some catfish tamales? Never had those before. Heck, I may even get my wife to make us some mexican beans (charro beans) to keep us a little warm. I'll see if she can make us her surprise dessert that my family loves so much, too.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    I'll bring a can of jalapenos... napkins, corn to toss in the bbq pit rolled up in foil, and I'll see what else.

Does anybody make some sort of secret recipe salsa. That would be great and would help to keep the blood pumping in that cold weather with some chips or with the meal.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Thin Water Tracker
    Look liek Friday night will be clear and cold. Maybe I'll shwo up with the boat friday night if the Boss is in agreement.

nthony
    Hi everyone. I am pretty sure I'll show up Friday night after work. I just moved down here from Wisconsin a month ago and I want to get back into fishing (haven't fished in probably 7 or 8 yrs). I bought some new poles and new tackle and I am looking forward to trying them out. Is there anything I can bring? I don't want to feel like a moocher.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme Bgbluecat's Avatar

Stuff for the Muster Attn: Ben

I have a 24" diameter BBQ pit mounted on a trailer (2'x2' firebox) and has one of them cajun fish blasters mounted on the tongue.

Do you want to use it Ben? Give me a call at the house.

Might also have some venison/feral hog sausage left from last season also. It went over pretty well at the Nov 03 gathering. Later/ml
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes

dpiper
    What is a caju fish blaster?

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    HAHAHAAHA, funny you asked about that enclosure it is in a pile of pvc besides my pt. I was modifiying it yeaterday and all of a sudden the dad gum thing crumbled (it was not glued) fell to the floor of my boat and i lost it and threw it all out. I'll have to regroup and redo it afte rthe mustah I am out of time I just got the boat stripped today and the lights fixed .
    No no larry the warden said no slime or doddo on here new carpet I am riding with donnie or randy or piper or shucks hec k i'll even ride the white ghost with dave, i ain't proud , naw o nsecond thawt, that sucker goes too fast and i scared and cold hehehehehh
    Nthony . welocome ta da board, man at this point just bring yourself a 12 pk of cokes , or a bag of ice heck a friend wife girlfreind make sure it's you wife :lol: :lol: ro had to claryfy tha toen guy broug ta different woamn cause hwe did n't specify naw just kidding
    Aw Bluecat yes bring the pit, man that will definetely work causin we gonna have a good crowd and need to keep it going :lol: here that BigDave!! a big ole smoker with ah caju basher who cares what it is just bring it he hehehe make mine look like a midget wow thanks ,Mike!!
    team gOnzo I gonna say about 50 heads at this one.
    i just got off the phone with Dewaynez he will be here friday night gonna be aloota shaking going on thru the night !!
    Outlaw and his girls i'll be here sat , it is lookin good!!l

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme Bgbluecat's Avatar
    dpiper: cajun fish blaster be a nickname for one of those propane stoves that you set a pot of grease (or turkey frying pot) upon.

btw Ben, that 2' firebox has a flat top that doubles as a super hamburger grill. Will need some wood for it - there's some laying around the yard under my trees and I will try to make time to cut some of it up. However, with it getting dark so early I may be pressed to come up with wood.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Senior Member Master in FishingTX BIGDAVE's Avatar
    Hmmm......dpiper I'd say it was a fish fryer or a very large loud horn so you know when it's time to eat if you are out on the lake. HeeHee lol. Bgbluecat bring that pit, sausage and venison. I got plenty of wood to feed it. My guess we will have between 30 to 40 people.

I went through the post. This is what we have so far.
    Randy: coffee, cups, potatoes, stinkbait, PT.
    Ben: chicken, f fries, table & chairs, bbq pit, PT.
    Dpiper: stuffed jalopenos, french & garlic breads, PT.
    Algonzo: propane bottle, 2 tables, napkins, jalopenos, corn on cob.
    Teamgonzo: plates, forks, cups, trashbags, tamales, beans.
    Donnie: 2 electric knives, cutting board, sausage, chips, PT.
    Saundecw: Gatoraid, propane bottle, 20 new jugs.
    Bgbluecat: bbq pit, venison, sausage.
    Bigdave: 2 fish fryers w/oil, secret fish batter, cups, forks/knives, coffee,
    10x20 tent, ketchup, wood for bbq pits, bread,
    IF You Don't Go, You Won't Know