Thread: General TPWD Infomation for Upcoming Muster

dpiper

General TPWD Infomation for Upcoming Muster

This post is basicaly for the new members to fishing and this board.

TPWD requirements:
    Valid freshwater fishing license

If jugging only catfish and nongame fish may be kept that are caught on a jugline. All others must be returned to the water.
    No more than 5 hooks on a jugline.
    No more than a 100 hooks in the water including Rod-N-Reel hooks.
    Jugs must be white and have your name, address, and date devise was set out. Date is good for 30 days.
    Gamefish cannot be used for bait.

Gamefish are all species of bass, crappie, and catfish.

Limits
    25 catfish in any combination per person per day. The day starts at 12 midnight.
    12 inch minimum for blues and channels and
    18 inches minimum for mudcats.

Hope this helped.

Good luck everybody.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Good Post Dpiper

I usually carry one or two TPWD books with me just in case someone has a question about something, it's better to ask then to take a chance and get cited for undersized fish or fishing without a license.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Dewaynez we don't worry bout under sized but the quantity, thye ususally pretty decen tsized . DD said he already had a candidate for CPR!!!
    Let's go get them.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Nice
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    I had fish in and around lake Houston I a had on idea it was such a good catfish lake till I started jugging

Member Hooked on FishingTX bearcat's Avatar
    Lake Houston has always been noted for its catfishing prospects; it just doesn't have the camping facilities that the other East Texas Lakes do,i.e., Conroe, Livingston, Rayburn, and Toledo Bend. Lucky are the fishermen who live next to Lake Houston.
    Ain't nothing like fishing.

Thin Water Tracker
    It;s a shame becuase there are a lot of people in the area that can only bank fish and the are missing out on a good lake to fish in.