[ KB ] How to Extract a Fishing Hook from Your Skin

Category: How-To's
    Type: How To

Article Name: How to Extract a Fishing Hook from Your Skin
    Author: algonzo
    Description: Removing a Hook from Your Skin

>>Read Full Article

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Very good article, I have used that technique before and it sure beats having to go to the emergency room to have a hook cut out.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    Good post. it remind me of a the day my bother in law got hit by a sting ray we were in the emergency room. there was two guys were seating next to us. Looking at both of them I really didn't see a reasion they would be in there and I asked them if they were waiting on some one who was hurt. The guy next to me started shaking trying to keep from laughing the guy on the end just looked at him and said it isn't that funny. and tured his head asked me do you think so . The guy had a 1 oz spoon hanging from his head just in front of his ear. They had been out in west bay trout fishing and his budy cast when he was walking up to him and hit him in the back cast the hook was sunk in to the bend in the hook. He said that was bad but when he went forward to complete the cast it ended up dunking him in the water from the force and him trying to keep from getting it ripped out. I would take 10 in the finger over that.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    Did they catch any fish?

Thin Water Tracker
    Yes , They said they had a chest full. This was back in 1972 when there wasn't near the pressure on our bays like there is now. You could wade a three miles of shore line in west bay and have it all to yourself.

Ouch!!

I had a friend who was bass fishing with me a few years back and he took a spinnerbait to the face just above his lip. We got him to the hospital and he got some pain meds and got the hook taken out. It was not pretty at all.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    I've been hook in the ear but it was ripped out on his foward cast. The ear didn't hurt that much it was the weighted poping cork that hit me in the temple that took me down. When I looked up at my friend that did he was just about to just out of the boat. He had almost got about three time before he didi and I had told him he was going to get wet if he got me.

dpiper
    Well, did he get wet?

LOL !!
    If I hooked someone I would feel so bad i would just jump in and get myself wet.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    That's the nice part about jugging.... You don't have to worry about hooking anybody else but yourself.....LOL
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!