Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sea slugs suck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme

sea slugs suck

Back in the pacific I would throw plastics for halibut in the harbors. During certain times the harbor would fill up will sea slugs. The inevitable foulhooked slug would beat the fastest halibut to my lure. The nasty slug had tough skin and was hard to get off the hook. Has anybody else foul hooked anything that was less desirable than the intended species for which the bait was intended? :cry:

Thin Water Tracker
    I think we call them hard heads here in Texas LOL

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    When going for good catfish and I wind up with a large snapping turtle on the line who is not happy.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    I hear that when we ran line years back I hated dealing with those guys.

Yep that hissing and snapping will sure get your attention
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    Just not as bad a a cotton mouth!

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    well snakes and snapping turtles are pretty bad. I once hooked one angry seagull as i casted. The line wrapped around its wing. I finally got it off with a few near misses from its beak.

Thin Water Tracker
    Gulls LOL on about the 3rd trip we made down to PIN I had a bud that was fishing for them. I always ended up being the cook and one after noon I was cook the day catch and I hear a drag screeming I look up and he got a gull one of those big brown one taking drag. He was taking cut bait and runing the mono throught it with no hoook and trowing it out the trick was to let them take it down before pulling in the slack line he said There was five of us on that trip and with in ten mins. tfour of them was hooked up. The thing we do to burn free time. LOL

TWT

You mentioned cotton mouths, I was wade fishing when I was about 12 or so and I stepped into a nest of snakes, I was standing up to my knees in murky water and I could feel the snake swimming between my legs, but I could not see em. Also a foul musk was in the air which is a warning sign from a cottonmouth, it scared me pretty good.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    We kill four or five each year at the plant. The do stink and once you have smelled one you know the next time when one is close.