Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51012131415161718 LastLast

Thread: APRIL FISHING TRIP 8TH 9TH AND 10TH

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Steve it gonna be a gas with CD leading the pack and me bringing up the rear something exciting bound to happen. Gonzo don't spend no more money on fishing gear unless it is on jugs or matrial for jugs we'll fill up the freezer (if it be little ) :shock:
    If m ycane pole don't reach them we'll just dive for them bwahhahahahhaha

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    I have multiple crappie setups I can bring along as well, also if you get in a pinch I do have a trolling motor as well, not anything special its a 45lb thrust motorguide bill dance model. I can bring it if it is needed.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

CajunDan

The first baitcaster I ever bought is still used dail, its a Shimano Chromica its a good reel used for catfishing. It's old but it still gets the job done.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar
    I was gonna say,,,,, with me in the front of the pack and ben bringin up the rear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,somebodies goin in the drink.....hehehehehhehe

I can just see a whole line of boats shooting the same docks one after the other........ we may not leave a fish to be had...... It'd be like Papa goose with his little fledglings right behind him...hehhehehehe

The ultrlight stuff is really fun shooting the docks,,,,,,,,,,,specially when you hang about a 2 pound sandy............. wooooo hoooooooooo hang on cause the fight is definately on..........
    Phish On!

Sounds good to me, I can hear the drag screaming already
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynez
    CajunDan

The first baitcaster I ever bought is still used dail, its a Shimano Chromica its a good reel used for catfishing. It's old but it still gets the job done.
    Chromica was a good reel. I had a couple of them. The problem was it's pre-antiback reel. The new ones are solid as a rock and the Curado is a great reel for the money.

Another good reel for the money is the Roddy 175 by Penn. Redneck was selling them last year for I think $29.00. Here's a picture. http://www.ackfishing.com/images/roddy175.gif
    Looks to be $34.00 here. http://www.ackfishing.com/pennroddyreels.htm

It's a nice reel that really performs well for the kitty fish.

If you want to swallow your gum..... Look at the price on this dude... http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...amp;hasJS=true

I want one of these but mama says if I bring one of'em home I have to sleep with it,,,,me and the dog in the doghouse outside,,,in the cold.

Told me the only time I could have one is if I got it free from a sponsor and I don't do that no more so I guess I have to be happy with what I got.
    Phish On!

I know what you mean

I love Abu Garcia's for Catfish the 6500 with the clicker, I love those for catfish. I also use several spinning reels for long range cats. There are some very good high dollar reels out there that I would love to own, but my wife says paying the electricity bill comes first, I gotta talk to her about priorities. LOL!
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    Look, I love you guys to death and all that, but as for me, I'll just stick with my
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

is that a Quantum? Shame on you............ Mitchell used to make some really good spinning tackle. You could hit it with a hammer and it still worked. I found some Bass Pro Shops spinning combos for $80.00 last year that are really awesome. Really nice reel plus an 7 ' IM8 rod all for 79.99.
    Ain't nothin wrong with the spinning tackle. I use'em quite often.
    Phish On!

Nice

I have a mitchell copperhead that I use all the time as well as a few quantum spinning reels that work real good for cats.

I have several mitchell spinning reels, quantum, diawa, abu garcia as well.
    -Mark Twain