Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Livingston Muster- March 12-13

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Listen to me ,Choo choo and Sylvia, Mrs choo Choo have helped with the last two Catfish Shows and Rodeos held on Lake Houston, with Mr Bigdave tayler as MOS and have been jam up butter my cup. They feel like they are ready to wander off on their own and host one so let's see what hey gonna do.While mrs choo chooo works the kitchen mr choo cho does some steam train whislte immitations of the great 4-8-4 that onces roamed the wild west praires. :shock:
    His mustache curls up and he lets out the most powerful train whistle you never want to hear LMAO :lol:
    To top it all of Mr Choo Choo Man can catch some fish , big ones come on out sign up , we gonna try ta be there .
    I'll bring the appetite ands some beef hearts

Thin Water Tracker
    What type of shift you work Ben 4 on and 4 off?

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    As soon as an official date is selected I will be able to confirm whether or not I will be able to make it for the muster.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

choo choo man
    ok,everone looks like it's on for the 12 & 13,let me know who's coming so i can get the camp sites.they will have water & elec,the showers & restrooms are right there close.there's a 10 person limit on the camp sites
    i'll post the prices soon as i get them or you can go to the web site and look at the park,the sites i'll try to get start at #34 i think.they are by the water.if anyone has any questions just ask and i'll try to answer them.

Cool

Will see if I can make it down for the muster, I will know later this week for sure and then I will confirm with you.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX BIGDAVE's Avatar

Wolf Creek information

Recreation Park Fees, Rules & Map

Fun & Recreation / Wolf Creek Park / Park Fees, Rules & Map / Presentation

Wolf Creek Park
    Season

Wolf Creek Park comes to life each March 1. The park closes for the winter November 30.

Reservations

Whether it's for a week or a weekend, Wolf Creek Park campsites can be reserved in advance of your visit. Reservation or campsite information may be obtained by visiting the Wolf Creek Park Office or calling (936) 653-4312, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Written inquiries can be sent to Wolf Creek Park, P.O. Box 309, Coldspring, TX 77331. Reservations will be for a minimum of two nights for weekends and 3 nights for holiday weekends with no reservations accepted for overflow sites. RESERVATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR A MAXIMUM OF 60 DAYS IN ADVANCE. Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance and deposit received within one week of the time the reservation is made. NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE ON DEPOSITS however if reservations are cancelled at least 72 hours prior to occupancy date, deposit may be transferred for use in the current camping season. Deposits required are shown below. Balance of fees will be payable upon arrival.
    NO MORE THAN 10 PEOPLE MAY SHARE A CAMPSITE. GROUPS LARGER THAN 10 PEOPLE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE AN ADDITIONAL CAMPSITE.

Wolf Creek Park Fees

Day Use fees: Valid until dark on the day issued
    Vehicle $4.00
    Per person $2.00
    Camping fees: Deposit
    Per person (nightly) $1.00
    Extra Vehicle (nightly) $4.00
    Trailer Site (nightly) $17.00* $26.00
    Tent Site with electricity (RV surcharge $2.00) $14.00* $20.00
    Tent Site with water only $10.00* $12.00
    Overflow $9.00*
    *Plus per person charges. Includes one vehicle

Annual Pass $75.00
    If purchased after July 1(half season)
    $50.00

Park rules

For your safety and enjoyment of the park, please observe the following rules.

Permit stickers must be placed on windshield above inspection sticker for proper identification and re-entrance into park.

No individual under the age of 18 years may obtain a camping permit unless accompanied by an adult.

No display or public consumption of alcoholic beverages.

Littering is prohibited.

Camping is permitted only in designated areas.

Persons defacing Trinity River Authority property or facilities may be prosecuted or required to leave park without refund.

Disorderly conduct will not be tolerated in the park; violators may be prosecuted or required to leave the park without refund.

20 MPH speed limit in the park for all motorized vehicles.

Use of skateboards, roller skates and/or roller blades are prohibited in the park. Prudent judgement, adult supervision and proper safety equipment should be used when riding bicycles in the park.

Use of all terrain vehicles and dirt bikes is prohibited in the park. Motorcycles are not permitted in the park unless street legal and used only on paved roads.

PETS MUST BE KEPT ON A LEASH AND UNDER CONTROL OF OWNER AT ALL TIMES. VISITORS WITH PETS THAT PRESENT A THREAT OR DISTURB OTHER VISITORS WILL BE ASKED TO REMOVE THEIR PETS FORM THE PARK. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN SWIMMING AREA, PICNIC OR PLAYGROUND AREAS.

No firearms of any type, including B.B. guns, air rifles, paint ball guns, etc., exploding fireworks or bows are permitted in the park.

Absolute quiet after 10:00 p.m. Playing of radios, recorded music and musical instruments will not be permitted after 10:00 p.m. This also applies to generators, power plants, etc.

Camping units with sinks, lavatories or toilet facilities will not be permitted to dispose of water except in specified disposal sites constructed for this purpose.

No glass containers allowed in swimming area or playground.

No dumping of oil, gas or batteries.

No unnecessary usage of water.

Fun-filled days

Fishing, boating, skiing, swimming, hiking. Wolf Creek Park is the perfect site for enjoying everything beautiful Lake Livingston has to offer.

A fisherman's delight, Lake Livingston offers 83,000 surface acres of water surrounded by 2 million acres of outdoor fun.

So join in the sport of your choice, and then come home to Wolf Creek Park.

and quiet nights

Nestled in the towering pines and gentle hills of East Texas, Wolf Creek Park is a quiet spot for a get-away. The park is a perfect place for uncrowded, family-style camping in a tranquil environment.

The park is staffed by a team of recreation professionals to ensure that visitors enjoy a pleasant stay in the great outdoors.

Something for everyone

Wolf Creek Park is the spot to visit for a wide range of recreation, including skiing, fishing, hiking and boating. To make your stay more enjoyable, the park brings many of the comforts of home to your campsite.

Plenty of campsites

Wolf Creek Park has 30 campsites with 50 amp service for RVs requiring full hook-ups. There are 54 tent sites with water and electricity and 19 tent sites with water only.

Directions

From Huntsville - Go East on 190 to Point Blank. Take a right on 156 and follow for approximately 4 miles. Take a left on Farm Road 224. Park is 3 miles on left.

From Houston – On Interstate 45 - Go North to Willis. Exit on Hwy 1097. Follow 1097 through Willis to dead end at Hwy 150. Turn right. Go approximately 17 miles to Coldspring. In Coldspring, turn left on Hwy 156. Go 1 mile to Hwy 224; turn right. Wolf Creek Park is 5 miles on the right.

From Houston – On Hwy 59 - Go North to Cleveland, exit on Hwy 2025; turn left. Go 18 miles to dead end at Hwy 150; turn right. Go 1.6 miles to Hwy 156; turn left. Go 1 mile to Hwy 224; turn right. Wolf Creek Park is 5 miles on right.

All the comforts of home

Visit the park's marina and grocery for everything from boat rentals to bait and provisions. Anglers especially enjoy the park's boat ramps, fishing piers and customer-designed fish cleaning station. Clean restrooms and hot showers are the rule at Wolf Creek Park.

Wolf Creek Park's volleyball court, basketball court and playground are popular with the children.

Nearby attractions

Golfers staying at Wolf Creek Park should definitely bring their clubs. The nearby 18-hole Cape Royale Golf Course is a real challenge. The park is only a short distance from Coldspring, population about 500. A community with an abundance of small town ambience, Coldspring offers real country cooking and authentic folk arts and crafts.

Click here to see presentation of Wolf Creek Park

Lake Livingston and Wolf Creek Park are owned and operated by the Trinity River Authority of Texas. The Authority is a governmental agency of the state of Texas providing water-related services to communities throughout the Trinity River basin. TRA receives no direct tax revenues or revenue sharing and is compensated without profit for services rendered. Fees charged at Wolf Creek Park are used for operation and maintenance expenses.

@ Trinity River Authority 2003
    IF You Don't Go, You Won't Know

Thin Water Tracker
    Grea Post Dave I think you covered it all.

choo choo man
    way to go BIGDAVE,thanks alot.the sites i like are 33 thur 36,there by the water, restrooms and bath house.i think 35 & 36 have alot of room.

Nice Post BIGDAVE
    -Mark Twain

I should know for sure in the next few days whether or not I will be able to make it for the muster. I will put a request in tomorrow and I will know in a few days whether or not I can make it.
    -Mark Twain