Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Lake Livingston Muster- March 12-13

Senior Member Master in FishingTX JonW's Avatar
    OK, looks like we're in. Do we need to call and try to reserve a site for a tent or is that already covered?
    Catfish...the other white meat.

choo choo man
    jonw,if your going to make it you need to make reservations if they are full let me know and i'll see what i can do,i'll figure something out.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    No campsite for me!!

Saundecw; the 1/2" rebar 4-5" long weighs approximately 4-5 oz ,not that critical, the 3/8" rebar 5-6" long weighs about 2-3 oz , both will work on the standard jugs . 9" foam 19" pvc.
    I am using hot water pipe on my white jugs with the small diam. foam and use the 3/8" rebar because the 1/2" does not fit.

saundecw
    Thanks GB. I have a lot old lead sinkers and plumbing lead that I want to melt down and use for weights. I have a lot of rebar but I better use it on a new driveway I've been putting off or I won't be fishing much.

You and me both I need to redo my driveway but it is at the bottom of my "I need to do list". you plan on doing it yourself or u gonna contract it out??
    You got some molds, I am looking to beg, borrow or steel a small egg sinker mold .

saundecw
    I hope to do the driveway myself. Getting the permit will probably be the decicding factor on that.
    I will have to check with my Dad on the molds, he made up the last batch of 1 oz. egg sinkers. We had molds for the 1/2 and 1 oz. egg sinkers at one time.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar
    I started using 3/4" pvc cause I got some ballbearings that our mechanics get from out of the scrubber fans here at work. They collect a few for me and I go get'em when I need'em.

2 ball bearings in the pvc and viola it works the same as rebar, plus its free.
    Phish On!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    I need to check with my uncle he runs the machinest shop at Texas A&M maybe he has some scrap stuff I can use for weight.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by saundecw
    I picked up a case of the 3" white foam last week and need to make a mold so I can use some the lead I've collected over the years.
    A CASE OF 3 " FOAM!!! :shock: :lol:
    jeepers ,creeper them fish won't be safe around you!!!