Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 356789 LastLast

Thread: Lake Livingston Muster- March 12-13

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Ben

Congrats on the find, that is how I got my trolling motor year before last a 45lb trust MotorGuide for $60, could not believe it so I had to snatch it up. It was the same for me all the soft plastics were marked down and as I loaded up on them the guy changed the price to half of what I just grabbed, so I doubled up and walked out with tons of soft plastics and tubes for my bass fishing.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Ben

I need to hook up with you and mike and see how well I would do against you guys for those bass. I fish for bass pretty often and have some techniques that will stir them up even when they don't feel like biting.

A little tip for you, if the bite is slow or they seem to be missing the bait get a 4" ringtail worm with a 1/0 hook and a 1/32 oz weight or no weight at all and go from there, pumpkinseed or purple with a white tail or even a red and black will drive them crazy. The bait is also small enough to trigger strikes from large perch.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Good luck at the Muster all, wish I could make it down but I won't be able to. I look forward to meeting you all at the next meeting.
    -Mark Twain

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    You stole that dewaynez, goood deals don't come often you better load up!!

I always do when the deals come up like that, I plan for it each year and keep an eye on the prices like hawk, can't act too fact, but you can't wait too long either or you miss out.
    -Mark Twain

Dewaynewz you don't even want to go there , Mike will smoke you like a step child , best i seen yet but then I ain't fished with you so maybe we'll hook up I will be there in sept for fire school but i ain't the " Bass Guru" My ole buddy miek is. I ain't caugh tthe first oen yet.

You Muster guys need anything just call me i'll be here for you , working on some things this weekend sorry can't make it!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Well it's oficial... Teamgonzo and I won't make it. Our uncle just passed away from cancer about an hour ago, so we'll be busy all weekend.

Good luck and good fishin'....
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Thin Water Tracker
    Sorry to hear that Algonzo.

Thin Water Tracker
    I wished I could make it guy but I started the treatment I have been waiting to start on Wed. and I have to say it's going to be a long 48 week. I hope to have a handle on it and make the CC. Trip If I can work a deal and stay at my buddys place in Tool I'll be trailering over on Sunday morning and will bring some cat that I pick up on that end of the lake. Keeping my fingers crossed.