Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Race

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    It's a shame too, the boards are meant to be fun and informative but some just turn into soap opera's that are in need of cancellation.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    In in a few myself.

I have tried to leave those boards alone, I enjoy talking about fishing and the outdoors, but I don't want to talk politics 24/7 I want to be able to share fishing stories and tips to help other people out and pick up a few tips for myself that I can pass along later.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    Myself I don't like politics or the church thing. We all have our views and a long time ago I grandpa told me it's a waste of time try to change someone views to your because then it not their view then. and i always try to follow that. JAG was a **** of a fisherman and had a mind sharp as a tack till the day he left this world. I thank him ever time I hit the water for putting me on fishing.

Larry G
    There ya go.........that's best!!!!!!!!

Agreed

Fishing is the one thing that my dad and I have in common and enjoy to this day. When I was a going through my teenage years my dad and I did not always see eye to eye, but the once place we could talk about anything without an argument was on the river going for catfish or texas rigging some worms for largemouth bass.

We developed a strong bond through fishing and it is still as strong today as it was the first time we fished together. When I am going to go fishing the first person I usually call is my dad, sometimes he is too tired from work or just wants to relax and grill something on the weekend, others we will hit the water all day and have some good fillets for dinner.
    -Mark Twain

Larry G
    Dwayne, we have something in common. I didn't talk to my dad for 25 years. What got us back together again was a fishing week on CC 4 or 5 years back. Unfortunately, his time is near. :cry:

Thin Water Tracker
    The man spent the last 20 years of his life on south PINS beachcombing and surf fishing I just hope I can get close to that.

Sorry to hear that, it is never easy to think about losing someone but the memories of the times spent together are what we all strive for, Fishing has mended many a relationship over the years. When my dad wanted to have " The Talk" about what adults do and what precautions to take we did that while fishing on the river.

It allows us all to drop our guard and really communicate with one another without worrying about what someone else might say.

I am glad that you and your father have mended your relationship and are able to speak and spend time together.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    sorry to say I didn't get to spend that much time with my old man. Wish I did btu lost him three years after the stopped working and most of those he spent on the road with mom doing thing that had wanted to do for years. at least he got to do what he wanted to.