Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post Race

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    I guess I am lucky because when my wife and I bought our first place this year we moved back to the same area i grew up in my parents and and my grandmother are the next street over so I get to see them everyday.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    That great I still live in the same town I grew up in. It's wild when I stop and take a close look at what has changed. Miles of open felds and shoreline have long gone. If fact the area I live in now was a big farm hwne I was a kid there nother left of it now. Shame thing have to change. But with out it a town dies.

Larry G
    My family is in Tucson. Dad just had another major operation and is expected to be ok, for now. Maybe, just maybe he can do some jugg'n with me.

The place that I live on right now was a cattle pasture when I was growing up now all that land has been sold and is being turned into rural sub divisions, there are 5 new mobile homes going in this month and foundations are being set for brick homes as well.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    I hope so Larry I'll be think about you and your dad.

La port is about 20 mile south east of houston I can remmeber leave La Pote and there only being a few spots were there was some of size in those 20 mile now ther isn't a open spot all the way. It's nice having thing tou need close but something I would like to have the open areas back.

Me too, I remember fishing in stock ponds and cattle ponds on land when I was younger, now the land is owned by development companies and the only way to fish is to buy land.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    I hear that being on the bay like I am there is so little fresh water places to fish. And about one of the ten I had as abay I can still fish in. other wise it an hour drive to lake Houston. or two to conroe.

I am lucky there is a 45 acre private lake that I have access to, it was built back in the 60's my grandparents and parents had some of the first lots they ever sold and when my dad was stationed up in Kansas while in the army the bought the place and put a mobile home on it, and that is where they live to this day.

The lake is full of good fish, the bass are not huge but there are some big cats in there. The post I made about the 97lb flat being taken on a jug happened at that lake.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    Sound liek a good place to give those fly rod a work out.