Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houston Texans

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar

Houston Texans

Well the Houston Texans finished at 7-9, they had a great year in only their 3rd year of existence. They may be a playoff contender next season.

Dominic Davis is a talented RB who looks like he will be around for quite some time.

David Carr is a good mobile QB but he needs a little more pass protection, he is getting sacked way too much

Andre Johnson looks like a probowl type Reciever and should be around for quite some time

The Texans have some good quality players and with a little off season help they could be a serious contender next season.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

dpiper
    lol

Dpiper you dont have confidence in the Texans, they have progressed each year. You gotta show the Texans some love, they are the baby franchise of the NFL.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

LOL

They did stink it up this year, oh well they will probably get to draft Reggie Bush and add some more talent to the roster. I was shocked to see this big of a drop off
    -Mark Twain

john
    dwanhez,they need new office,coaching and qback.Car holds the ball like hes playing dodge ball.Fumbles way to much.Hope they don't mess up the draft.Just my veiw on the subject.GO COWBOYS!!!!!

I agree

I am a die hard Cowboys fan as well, but I will root for an expansion team for a while until they get established, The Texans need a lot of work, they showed promise but now they have regressed and are in a bad way. They need to make a lot of off season moves including a good draft.
    -Mark Twain

john
    Dwaynez what do ya think the Texans will do with the draft now.Boy was that a great game last night? Apparently they just got rid of capers.Wondering how casserly will do on the draft.Time will tell.Sure would be nice to get vince young for leadership.

The latest word all the experts are saying is that vinc youngs stock shot way up and if he goes pro then the texans may go in a new direction with him instead of reggie bush, but I think the texans are going to take bush myself, David Carr has not been the real problem in texas its is the line, he has no protection at all and has been sacked nearly 200 times since he came into the league, they guy takes a beating game after game.

Hopefully they will make a good decision that will benefit them, instead of just taking someone because everyone thinks they should. They could take Young and then trade carr if need be or take bush and then make some moves, but one person is not going to turn that team around.

I will be watching closely to see how they do.
    -Mark Twain

john
    Well put,i just don't think carr has got what it takes with a line.Just my opinion

He may be one of those journeymen QB's who hangs on but never makes it as a true frontline player, but if you put him behind a line like kc or indy or even the up and coming bengals he could be dangerous, also it could be the schemes and plays they run, they try and keep carr in the pocket which is not how her became a college star and a high draft pick ala michael vick you have to let him run and be a playmaker not a hash mark after his 20th sack of the game, LOL!

It is going to be interesting on draft day, if they do pick a QB instead of Reggie Bush
    -Mark Twain