Page 1 of 7 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: trout

Nine Lives

trout

For those that might be interested, Tom Bass Park was stocked with 5,500 trout today. The park is on Cullen near Beltway 8. Close to Hwy 288.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/inf...stocking.phtml

Senior Member Master in FishingTX BIGDAVE's Avatar
    Thanks! Good information to know.
    IF You Don't Go, You Won't Know

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Cool
    They will start filling local ponds with trout real soon, the local park in college station will be stocked in Late January to early Feb
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER

trout tip inna pool

good post bro. last time i did the trout thing DUNCANVILLE caught 2 - 2 1/2 pounders and one 3 pounder. cant remember what the 4th one was. using the lil yellow jig they give. slight wiggle rod tip. directly in the airiator. target the center of the pipe if yer in a pool situation. let the jig go naturaly where it wants to. just as it falls wiggle the rod tip. ignor ther first thump set the hook on the second.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Good post...

I've been trying to read up on trout fishing, as I am trying to learn a little bit about them so that I could get on some trout for the first time now that they are stocked and ready for the frying pan.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

mrmakAUCTIONEER

spawn

jig should represent free flowing spawm in heavey current. (wild ) **** these trout will be the farm boy types, fishfarm, hatchery stuff, fed grain, practice before showing up drop some niblets corn in in yer big dog bowl, (assuming yer dog water bowl is a big tub like yall have rotts too), garden hose should be running simulating fast current. set the niblets as close to the water source as possable, watch how they move.simulate that with yer jig. big ones feed first yaknow.

I was able to catch some trout last year in the College Station Park, they stocked the ponds in there with trout, not a pool environment but a pond that also features bass, perch, and some catfish as well.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    PONDS- let jig drop, on the fall naturally, slack line. count to 3 SLOWLY. move rod tip slightly right to left l/R, slowly. when u hit the bottom, slowlly, move jig along bottom, TROUT are spooky, save yer jumping jacks, and stomping fer the parkinglot as u pitch them bigguns inna cooler.
    also remember dont do NUTTIN on first bump set hook on second thump.
    trout may knock the food with their tail and swing back and scoop it up.

mrmakAutioneer

Good Tip, I usually just fish for them with corn or sweet peas and catch my limit, I use an ultralight setup with 2-4lb test line.

I did however try a few little jigs last year and they seemed to jump on it pretty good, but the second tap is a great tip, lots of people missing hooksets on those trout.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    ever wonder why a fly rod is so nimble. Trout have very tender mouths. u go yankin hard like a catfish hookset, u will go home with a fish story that will sound like this. "well i had a lot of bites, **** they musta been bitin lite cause i didnt land any". no ol redneck just shakes his head and pats ya on the back and says GENTLY BRO EVER SO GENTLY, trout is a skill. practice with a ***** driver. HOOKSET skills are wrist action only, if you yank back and yer arm moves u loose. heavier trout same tender mouth. let the fish come to u keep the line snug only, tight line, u loose.
    if you are inna creek a hooked trout trout WILL be going down stream.