Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok D. and Larry The room

Thin Water Tracker

Ok D. and Larry The room

Ok D. I posted a pic of my fishing/ computer in my album. Mainly just my room women keep out.

Larry G
    The picture measures up to all expectations Don. I have a friend that has his in a corner of a barn. Most anything can be found there. :lol:

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    I am going to get some pics uploaded tonight of my room, have not had a chance the last few days but I should be able to get it done tonight.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    Going back on years tonight. It's been a tuff few weeks three weeks and two days off. COME ON LONG CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    That's the beauty of wireless internet. I bought me a wireless router and now I can get high-speed internet for about 50+ yards diameter from my house on my high-tec laptop. I can go out on my back deck, backyard gazebo, front porch, THE TOILET, dinner table, sofa, from bed, heck I've even sat in my boat in the garage one night while surfing the net and posting on here. Now that's what I call "Fishing" Tx. It almost feels like being on the lake. I'm fixing to build my workbench in my garage and make it a workbench/desk/dinner table/bar. I'm telling you, everybody has to get wireless internet one day. I even drove my truck down the street one day with my laptop on the center console, and I could get internet for about a block and half. Now that's what I call wireless.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

I had the same setup when I was living in my apartment, now that I live out in the country I am on dialup, it was a major shock having to downgrade. But I just got word a new tower went up and I can get high speed out in the country, will upgrade soon and then I will setup my wireless setup again.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    I have no idea what I would do without high-speed internet now. I honestly could not move back to dial-up. It's like driving a nice fast hot-rod to work one day, and the next day it's all over, and now I have to walk to work everyday. I'd rather pay the ninety bucks for satellite and get satellite internet. What's even neatter is that verizon internet. My buddy has it on his laptop, it's just a card that goes plugged into you computer and you can get internet no matter where you are. He drives from Houston to Nacodoches (How every you spell it), and he's on the internet the whole way downloading music, checking email, and playing the stock market. That's also like 90 bucks... but it sure as **** is worth it.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

I can get the sattelite highspeed through my dish network for $70 month but my internet provider just setup towers and they are offering a sattelite highspeed connection for $40 a month, I am going to let my dialup service expire I paid in advance and it runs out at the end of the month and give their highspeed a try and see how it works.
    -Mark Twain

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: All chineese to me

Thin Water Tracker
    SWB high speed is $ 19.95 Now I'm going to look into getting it.