Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: trout

Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar
    If you want to hammmer them use the Berkley power bait trout formula in pink or yellow. they also have real small power worms that work very good at Academy. I never have luck with marshmellows or corn. To each his own though.

l8rs!
    The fish are in the water!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    What size line and type of hooks are typical for trout?
    What should a trout rig setup look like?
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    noww if you are fortuneate enought to get inna tail walking adventure, and that biggun is shaking hook stuff, good time to know about keeping the line snug stuff. ever wonder why fly rods have sucha mickymouse realing system? you cant reel faster than that trout can come airborne. **** u can pull all the slack out of the line by pulling it with the the line hand stuff. u know keep yer mits off the reel crank. the line is in yer hand. if the trout is running (swimming hard away) YOU FEED IM LINE. when he turns back u pull the line snug again, nun a dis yankin stuff.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Algonzo I am a novice when it comes to trout but I used a split shot with a small perch hook ( eagle claw ) i used a very small splishot to get the bait down and went from there.

I have seen a lot of people use a setup used for perch with a small bobber and a small perch hook with the bait of choice.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    no sinkers required bro. really

waterspout

I used those berkley trout baits last year and I did not have success with them, most likely it was due to the fish being a little picky. The small worms like meal worms did seem to work very well as did traditional canadian night crawlers cut into small pieces.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar
    Small,, real small. I use the smallest darn treble I can find.I forget the size, but if you drop it , its gone. You'll never find it.lol four # or less line. just a real light action rod but heck it doesn't really matter you can use a heavy pole you just won't feel the fight as long as they can swoller da hook. real small jigs smalllest you can find. remeber they use those lil bitty fly's for them and you want to match that size in whatever for the most part.
    The fish are in the water!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    While on that subject, why is it that fly fishing kits are so darn expense. I've seen starter kits going for a couple hundred bucks. Why is that?

I take it Trout are top feeders, hince the whole fly fishing for trout right?
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Waterspout

I used a few flies last year and caught a couple as well, my ultralight setup was on a 6 1/2' rod with a super sensative tip, it worked great and made the little guys seem like they were much bigger.

So do you have better luck with a treble on the trout?
    I normally use the straight single hook, maybe i will try the treble this time and see it my bite to catch ration increases.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    Quote Originally Posted by waterspout
    If you want to hammmer them use the Berkley power bait trout formula in pink or yellow. they also have real small power worms that work very good at Academy. I never have luck with marshmellows or corn. To each his own though.

l8rs!
    the corn thing is a spawn thing, spring time. smallest hook, will be a right hook. fly line floats u know the leader on the fly line could be a 2 pound test u know. again gentle is the key no matter what the bait. AND NO STOMPING alloud. :shock: