Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: trout

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    LoL

That probably explains why I did not catch them real quick due to all the people who wee stopping around and making lots of noise.

I should carry a quiet please sign like during a golf tournament, should get a reaction at least.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER

never treble

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynez
    Waterspout

I used a few flies last year and caught a couple as well, my ultralight setup was on a 6 1/2' rod with a super sensative tip, it worked great and made the little guys seem like they were much bigger.

So do you have better luck with a treble on the trout?
    I normally use the straight single hook, maybe i will try the treble this time and see it my bite to catch ration increases.
    THAT IS A KEY word u know sensitive rod tip u know. the gentle stuuff again.

never use a treble thats kinda like a garden tiller in a trouts tender lips.

course as skill is aquired BARBLESS HOOKS are available too u know.

mrmakAUCTIONEER

expensive is only the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by algonzo
    While on that subject, why is it that fly fishing kits are so darn expense. I've seen starter kits going for a couple hundred bucks. Why is that?

I take it Trout are top feeders, hince the whole fly fishing for trout right?
    expensive IS ONLY THE BEGINNING BRO. catching trout is a skill so is making equipment that works. ever notice expensive trout stuff is made in america. non of this labor camp mass produce china ****.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar
    I use a small treble cuzz you is suppose ta keep everything up to five then stop anyway. No catch and release! I don't set the hook on them just real them in, lol, they aren't specs. We used some real worms and they worked.

I figure this year I will use a cast net it shouldn't take me near as long to get a limit :shock: and I can get out of everyones elses way faster :P
    The fish are in the water!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Good stuff guys. I'm really learning something now. I think I'm going to need a notepad cuz I don't think this dummy can soak all that up. My wife and son will think I'm pothetic when I whip out the notepad at the lake or pond and start reading out loud....LOL

Trial and error baby.... that's what it's all about. Learn from your mistakes. If it don't work the first time... keep trying til you get it right.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

mrmakAUCTIONEER

standing in the water

LoL

That probably explains why I did not catch them real quick due to all the people who wee stopping around and making lots of noise.

I should carry a quiet please sign like during a golf tournament, should get a reaction at least.
    u know u entered in trout territory skill levals when u are standing in the rapids gently fishing. and them trout are bumpin yer legs stuff. that would be right at dark er right at daylight stuff.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    I was going to purchase a fly rod setup from BPS to give it a shot, I have a friend that fishes the lake I live by for bass and perch. He gets some really amazing fights from those smaller fish. He even landed a few carp on his fly rod, that was a test for sure.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

mrmak I've fished colorado and arkasas for them little buggers that were in the wild too. It is a way different world than these stockings are thats for sure!

mrmakAUCTIONEER

ever land a 3ounder bro.

mrmakAutioneer

Good Tip, I usually just fish for them with corn or sweet peas and catch my limit, I use an ultralight setup with 2-4lb test line.

I did however try a few little jigs last year and they seemed to jump on it pretty good, but the second tap is a great tip, lots of people missing hooksets on those trout.
    ya ever land a 3-4 pounder bro? should take about 20 minutes if u win.

Matter of fact the guadalupe river is different than the ponds.