Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: trout

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    I do like using floating flies to catch perch for my catfishing, instead of just loading up real quick I will have some fun and use my ultralight and pitch the line with a popper or fly and catch my bait, those fish seem to love those flies.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER

taste differant too

Quote Originally Posted by waterspout
    mrmak I've fished colorado and arkasas for them little buggers that were in the wild too. It is a way different world than these stockings are thats for sure!
    they tase better too u know , them farmboy types, are mushier too. natural trout feel firm. a lot fermer than hatchery.

have ya tried them browns below bull shoals dam in arkesas. I WANNA do dat before i get to old and gray.

I have a good friend who lives in Oregon ( Rosebud ) and he wants me to visit and do some fishing for trout and visit his families new home.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar
    Ya Bull Shoals is a sweet place and a very fine fishery. The Buffalo river is good. There are several others we've(my dad and I) but I would have to strain my brain to hard it been a while sense I was there.
    The fish are in the water!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar
    Heck I think I need to quit playin on this puter and go to eye's-n-hower and catch my some fitches. lil rainbow fitches that is!
    The fish are in the water!

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    mmm this thread generates interest. do i see a trout fishin trip comming soon?

To me it is fun to discuss a fish that i don't fish for on a regular basis, that way when I do get a chance to do it I have a better idea of what I need to do to be successful when fishing.

All the input is great, lets keep it going
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Clipping from a Houston Chronicle article:

Eleven area bodies of water will receive fish this winter. The fishery can best be described as "put and take," meaning that the department wants anglers to take everything they catch. There is a five fish daily, no minimum length, limit. The average length of the fish stocked is 10 inches.

There are some good stuff on this article, and matches up with everything we discussed today.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...sports/2977430
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Good Post Algonzo they want you to catch them all because they will only live for so long because of the temperatures, trout traditionally live in cooler waters and temperatures, so if they are not caught they may not survive when the temperatures begin to warm up.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    I fished them a lot in the pass when they stock them. I use corn and really small spinners. the first few days after they stock them then seem to slow down if the weather isn't cold. one thing I learn they don't have much flavor. the beat way to cook them is with the head on. It took me a while to try ti that way but Scale them and wash them good and a little salt and pepper and corn mill and they are great.