Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: trout

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Good tips on trout fishing TWT,

I have a few 202 and 404 in the shed, maybe it's time to put them into action as soon as the trout are stocked at the local city ponds, they are stocking in college station in Feb.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    GONZ< well did ya catch trout this weekend bro?

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Ah.... forgot to send an update on that. The trip was canceled due to my sons baseball registration that we found out about at the last minute. I was planning on heading out there Sunday morning, but a late Saturday night phone-call blew that out of the water when we found out Registration was Saturday and Sunday, and we had already missed the Saturday chance. He's got tryouts this Saturday and Sunday, so I hope to make it to the tryouts Saturday, and go fishing Sunday. I told the wife that if we don't make it to Eisenhower Park, We're atleast going to Lake Houston and dropping about 20 jugs and do a little R&R. I'm keeping my fingers crossed til' then.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Hope the tryouts go well, followed by some great fishing
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Thanks... He's always been a great baseball player. He was the pitcher for his T-Ball team last year and boy he was quick. Surprisingly enough he pulled a few double plays on his own, and atleast one inside the park homer per game. He was batting third in the lineup, and the coach called him "The Cleanup Man". Pretty tough when you have to run each kid down for that out. And boy that boy could hit. I always had opposing coaches compliment me on his baseball abilities and knowledge. It just sort of comes natural. We don't spend endless days practicing either. He just gets on that field, and he's in another world and so focused and determined to get the job done. Always cheering for his team-mates, and motivating them when they are down. Always a key player in the team. He's got a few coaches that were eye-balling from last year and also the Tournament team, so hopefully he'll be one of the first round drafts. We'll be pulling for him. And to cool things off after a long week of warming up for tryouts, hopefully we'll spend some time on the lake.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Cool

sounds like you have a future Allstar player there, sounds like he is having fun playing the game and that is what is important. I played little league and had blast doing so. It helps build character but from your post he sounds like he has his game together. You mentioned that he is always cheering for his team mates that is important and shows that he really loves the game and cares about his teammates.

I had a few coaches that promoted winning only no matter what the costs, if someone on our team made a mistake you were to let them know they messed up. I did not agree with that, but to each his own. Most coaches know how to teach the game the right way, hopefully you have some good coaches in your area. From the sounds of it you do, that is important when the kids are young that they have a coach who not only teaches the game, but teaches them how to handle the wins and losses with maturity and sportsmanship.

Best of luck to him this year and in the future, sounds like he is a team player and future team captain and Allstar for sure.

Keep us updated on the his progress as well as the teams.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    back to them trout thigamagigs catch yer batch yet?

MrmakAuctioneer how are you today sir,

The trout section has tapered off a bit, no one has posted any catches or any pictures so far. I won't get my chance in my local area until Feb.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    i once caught a 21&1/4 pounder lake trout from lake supirior when i worked for the national parkservice, isle royal national park.
    a zebco 202 and a 19cent pounded spoon, castin from shore in the mouth of a lil **** tall waterfall, deep water right on shore, and super huge bolder types rocks. he worked that reel to death and 20 minutes later hand over handin the line the biggun fish fell off the lure right neer shore. he just layed there fer a few seconds, and i lifted im up with my foot in a lil puddle then dove in the puddle to bearhuged and wrestle im to the beach.