Thread: The six things that the Lord hates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

The six things that the Lord hates

Porverb 6 :16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto Him: :|
    A proud look, a lying tongue :P , and hands that shed innocent blood, :x
    An heart that devisthe wicked imaginations :shock: feet that be swift in running to mischief :mrgreen:
    a false witness (oh no) that speaks lies, and he that soweth discord among the brethern. :crazyeye:

Folks i found this in my daily readings in the bible and i just had to share it with you.
    Many people do not realize or maybe just don't care that all this stuff we are messing with down here we are some day gonna have to give an account for. And whether we beleive it or not ain't gonna matter, we still gonna have to face the judgement. it is a very scarey thing.
    I was not there to see my daddy leave this world (he was 84 yrs ole) but they say he kept staring into the ceiling shaking his head hollering "No, NO, NO!
    What was he seeing?? Who was he seeing?? I hope it was Jesus, but I don't know and don't want to find out. Not yet anyway still alot of catfish in the water.
    When we were little growing up on the farm and we would mess up, my mama would say; just wait til your daddy gets home and when he got home we would run and hide causin we knew we were in deep poop.
    I would venture to say that's how we'll be when Jesus comes back, except there won't be any place to run and hide and no oneto blame , you won't be able to blame me for it. I'll have my own score to settle.
    I am going to stop here this is giving me the heevy, jeeeveys.
    I think i'll just go back to bed!!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Good Thoughts Ben,

We all have different beliefs and different ways of imagining what our fate will be in the future. I have always had a strong belief in what God has in store for us all, but my beliefs may differ from some. I believe that one day we will all see our loved ones who have been lost again, we will have enternal peace and happiness and be with the ones we love and cherish. I also believe there will come a time when we all have to make a choice and that choice will determine where you will spend your time after you have left this earth.

It is sometimes a scary thing when you step back and really read into the Bible, there are some sections of the Bible that will really make you think and question what will the future be like. I don't read the Bible on a daily basis and I know for a fact I could not recite a specific quote from the Bible, but I do know I have a strong belief in God and there is a greater power that has a plan for us all, part of that plan is for us to live our lives to the fullest on a daily basis and be held accountable for our actions. There will be a time when you are given a choice to accept your fate as is or make a change to better yourself and the future you will have after leaving this world.

just my .02 worth
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    That's right dewaynez, i heard a preacher say one time it didn't matter how high you jump on sunday or how hard you clapped your hands but how straight you walked from monday to sunday.
    While going to church won't save anyone i beleive it helps to hear what some folks raed at home ....it reenforces the Word. whic his what god said, i can not recite many verses either that's why i attemp to read it and try to understand what He is saying.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    It is amazing how we can sit at home and watch tv or just visit with family and friends and somehow the conversation will touch on a religious point or relate to something that was read from the bilble by a member of the group. You can have some very deep and enlightening conversations when discussing biblical verses, but at the same time it can be scary if you really take a step back and look into what is being said.

I know for me the most confusing part about reading the Bible is the text and the way certain things were expressed, so by going to church or discussing it with others you can see how they interpret the writings and it helps to better understand it. I also think that because we don't always understand what is written it causes us to ask somone else or seek guidance to better understand and then the true impact of the writings is felt because now you have more than one person reading and commenting on what was read in the Bible.

I am right there with you Ben in regards to attending church, I do not attend on a regular basis, but I do believe and trust that my beliefs will put me into the right place when the time comes. We all do things in life that are not always the right thing, but there is forgiveness for those who ask for it. I have not found a local church that really suits me, I have attended several that are set in a certain way of thinking and they want you to be that way and no other. It kind of threw a flag up for me, because I should be able to freely discuss my interpretation of what I read and not be critisized for my comments.

I think that is one reason so many people will discuss the Bible and religion in general amongst friends at their home or while sitting around a camp fire, you don't have to attend services weekly to believe, but if you choose to then by all means do so. If you choose to stay at home and express your beliefs in your own way then you too are following a path that will lead you in the right direction.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain