Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trout are stocked !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar

trout are stocked !!!!!!!!!!!!

at Eye's-n-hower Park. If yall want to have alittle fun from the bank. Easy to clean also for those that don't know how just hold the things with there heads facing away from you( I put them on the grond and hold there tail with my fingernail) and blast them with a water hose and all the scales fly off. Whack the head off and gut , throw him in a pan.
    The fish are in the water!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Thanks for the information waterspout.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Bling Bling! Your slacking dwaynez! That took you 4 minutes. ROTFLOL! :mrgreen:

LOL

Some days are better than others
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    What's a good place to lauch my 14' Jon and get on some of them stocked Trout? I've never fished for trout before, but sure would love to.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

You better not put a boat in that pond if you want to keep it! Nothing allowed in eye's-n-hower, not even wading.
    here are the stockings.
    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/inf...stocking.phtml
    I thought I put them on a while ago but I don't see them.This should give you maps too.

Good post waterspout,

i will check out the college station tank in Feb and catch a few trout, they are pretty good when grilled on the pit with some lemon and butter.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Dwaynez,

Teamgonzo and I are going to have to head down to College Station in the next couple of months and join you in a trout adventure. Any boating there allowed?
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

No

it is a city park, everyone either sits on the ground, stands, or brings a lawn chair. It is not a big pond but they stock quite a few trout in there and they are pretty easy to catch. A can of corn or some sweet peas and you are all set.

If you wanna fish here some time we can set something up, we could fish the lake by my house for some good bass and crappie fishing. It is 45 acres and there is hardly any fishing pressure due to the fact it is private. You may not catch a monster bass, but you will catch a lot of fish on most trips out.

There is deep water on the back side of the lake around 30ft or so and that is where the big Flatheads have been caught on jug lines. The biggest was 97lbs a while back and several in the 80lb range.

Also in the deep water there are lots of carp that have gone over 30-40lb range and in the summer time when the water is low the big gar will come out, biggest I have caught there was 35lbs but much bigger fish have been caught over the years.
    -Mark Twain

Here is a link to the city park website as well as a picture of the large pond at the park.

http://www.cstx.gov/home/index.asp?page=1226
    -Mark Twain