Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flounder

Thin Water Tracker
    I don’t know if it would work with those but I have a way I like to cook speckled trout.
    In small fry pan throw some onions and garlic and a little olive oil about a tsp. when they start to clear throw in about a pound of chopped shrimp when they start to turn pink throw in about ¼ cup of finely chopped Jalapenos. Once the shrimp look like they are cooked through. Throw in some cream to cover it all about a ¼ inch. Lower the heat and let it thicken once thick pour over fillet that have been cook on the pit. You can use the frozen shrimp out of the store just put you Jalapenos in with the onions and garlic and if the shrimp are pre-cook throw them in with the cream. I’m tell ya you’ll hurt your self.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    TWT

that sounds like some good stuff, i will have to try that with some white bass fillets and catfish fillets I have in the freezer. I will be glad when the weather worms up again so I can grow more jalapenos in my garden. Had so many this past season I was giving them away left and right.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    I had a plant that lasted three years living down here on the coast if we do freeze it maybe one or two time in most years. I drug this plant in and out with the wife stuff when I had to move the 300 plants she has in ever time it got below 40. it lasted till I just plant ed in the ground one year and the first cool snap got it. but the 3rd year it was put out peppers that were so dark green they looked black. And they would light you up. Each year we figured it wouldn’t make it. The thing would be down to three or four leaves when we would put it out and with in a few week it would be setting peppers. Going to have to try that again. One better is plant you one jalapeno plant then plant three or four bell pepper close as you can to it. Talk about a good salad bell pepper crisp and just the right heat.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    That is exactly what did this past year in my garden, I created a seperate planter box right next to my house and had 4 jalapeno plants, 4 bellpepper plants, and 6 tomato plants. They all grew together and produced some beautiful veggies.

I was picking peppers every couple of days as well as some large bellpeppers. I love to use bellpeppers and onions while cooking as well as jalapenos.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    Did the tomatos pick up the heat from the Jalapenos. I knew Bells would get hot growing next to the jalapenos IF tomatos do that cool I'll have to try it. All three with someother stuff would make some killer hot sauace.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    not sure but thought I read you had to clean out the guts of talapia as soon as they were caught. Not sure but worth looking into.

Thin Water Tracker
    That is something to look into Skinner. I sure wouldn't want to have problems with a good catch. Could it be that the State wants that done to keep them from spreading to other waters.

dpiper
    You are correct MS.

TPWL (page 26):
    It is a violation to:
    Fail to immediately remove the intestines from tilapia.

Thin Water Tracker
    Same as grass carp!!!

dpiper
    10-4