Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flounder

Thin Water Tracker
    If I wasn't going to conroe this weekend I would hit the west fork of Houston and see if I could pick up a few.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Is that the west fork of Lake Houston? I didn't know we had flounder in there....LOL

Must be half salt water and half freshwater.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    The Talapia that we catch are gutted on the spot and put in a cooler to keep them fresh and to keep within the laws of the state.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

TWT

I did not really notice a heat transfer to the tomatos, but the bell peppers did have a little more kick to them. I will do the same this next season and grow them all together again, they really produced this season so why change a good thing.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    I'm going to do the Bell and Jalapenos together. Tomatos are a pain to keep up with. The pepper you can just about plant and forget about.
    It's not that I'm that lazy is just working shift work with over time. things can be forgotten about a few weeks at a time.

The bell peppers and jalapenos are grow very easily and they keep on producing, I will check them every few days when they are really growing and they just keep producing.

I was having to give them away at one point because there were so many, I hope my green thumb will be as good this next go around.
    -Mark Twain

TWT

I was out in my back yard the other day and I checked the spark plugs and filters on my tiller and cranked it up or a test run, running like charm and it will need to once I start setting my rows for my garden.

Whenever I get it all going I will post some pics of my garden setup and my plants once they start producing.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    We'll Start caliing you mr. GreenJeans. That my have been a little before your time.

LOL

One of the funnest things for me is getting out there and putting in a hard days work to get my garden ready. My wife and I were able to buy our first place this past April so it is nice to be able to do what I want to do. My parents live on the next road over and we always grew somthing while growing up if it was not a my house it was my Grandma and Grandpa growing fruits and veggies in the garden. Some of my best memories were going into the garden for my Grandpa and picking squash, corn, tomatos, greens, okra and all the other fresh veggies as well as picking up tomato worms to be used as bait.

I love having fresh vegetables at my house and being able to grow what I want, nothing better than enjoying a fine cooked meal with your own supply of vegetables.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    I hear that. Having Veggies that have had all the **** spryed all over them is nice to have they just taste better.