Thread: Soakin shrimp....

Senior Member Master in FishingTX

Soakin shrimp....

...cause that's about all I did. I needed to get up early to pattern myself for day shift so what better thing to do at 5am than go fishing. I had some dead shrimp so that was good enough. Hit the seawall at 81st, then to the rock pier across from Landry's but not much. Couple small croakers, lots of wind and riptide. Tried to go somewhere around pelican island but it's mostly posted now, including under the bridge. Seems TA&M have an wetland there and signs that say no fishing. Tried my luck at FAt Boys pier just to kill a little more time, still the same, just a few small croakers. I felt as if I was being watched so while sitting on the dock I turned around there about 4' away was a white Egret. He was taller than I was so every now and then I'd toss him a shrimp. Then a Blue Heron came around when I tossed him a small croaker and played the dominant roll and took it from him. Kinda cool to watch them play it up so close.

That's it, little bird watching, great sunrise and a few small croakers, still a good morning.
    8)
    watching the skies...

Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar
    See there you wasted them good skrimps and we could be catching slimer here in another hour with them. I'm going below the dam in 2 hrs. and a half.
    The fish are in the water!

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    well ive had a tough time here recently also. Ive got a great feeling about this weekend because of a early morning high tides and a big trout hole that loves early mornings and high tides. Hopefully the wind will settle down since its been blowing the bay into a low water mudhole the last two weekends. Anybody else going to the bay this weekend?

Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar
    Carancawa<sp> and greens Lake when the wind lays or at least gets right should be worth the trip. A little bird thats been fly'n over that area told me so anyway.
    The fish are in the water!

psalty

Soakin shrimp

Outlaw, next time at the surf try San Luis Pass, or the 5mi access west of SLP. Sometimes even the Christmas Bay. If no weed, the whiting ought to give plenty of fun in the surf with the croakers & sandtrout not to far away. Shoot, might even catch one of them SW slimers or shark.
    Lookin forward to hitting the surf real soon.