Thread: Listen to your wife!!

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

Listen to your wife!!

Last Sunday I went to check my perch trap and it was gone :roll: so i figured someone had taken it. I looked all over and could not find it so i came home and :cry:
    My wife asked me if i was sure it was gone and i said yes and so last night she said let's go back and look for your trap.
    I thought yeah right but did not say anything, we drove out there and i drug my hook all over where i had put it and no way , no chance.
    She said look under the bridge is a cork, well, my fat carcass could not fit under the bridge so she took my hook and by golly she hooked the trap after a few drags, so what I am trying to say is listen to your wife.
    And now i am a happy camper, got about 100 perch in my big aqurium

Thin Water Tracker
    Ben I don't think that not listening to your wife was the problem. I think you've hit the water to many time and you still have some water stuck between those ears raising the perssure in the brain pan. LOL I hate it when mine does that to me. And they never let you forget it!

Larry G
    You will find that as time goes on, the problem with your mind will increase. Good to have an extra female mind to give ya an extra advantage during your DARK moments!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    LOL

My wife is always finding things that I think I have lost, but she lets me struggle on purpose to see how long it will take before I will ask for help. It's her way of trying to show some control, ha ha

Oh well that is just one of the wonderful aspects of marriage.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Larry

I actually lost a perch trap one time on the lake I grew up on it had my name on the side of the cage, I assumed it broke lose or someone just took it, well a few weeks later while out fishing I see this guy pulling up a trap that looked just like mine. I went a little closer and sure enough it was mine, I asked him about it and he said i built it a while back and had owned it for some time.

I just smiled and asked him about the name on the side of the cage, he looked stunned and said oh, I must have grabbed the wrong cage somehow. He had added a new rope with a float marker and everything.

Well long story short I got my cage back and learned to watch out for new people moving out near the lake, everytime I would go fishing that guy would just wave and say hello.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    I guess the moral to Dwaynez message is to put your name on your cage....LOL
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Yeah

It was hard to believe the guy would steal my cage and then use it on the same body of water he stole it from. Pretty sad when you can't even trust your neighbors anymore.
    -Mark Twain

Larry G
    I'm worried about my jugs coming up missing so I sit on them like a mother hen.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Some folks are just like that I will put my name on mine (<: never though tof that )<:

Should not be like that but it is, some people would rather steal another persons property that they took the time and effort to make or worked for the money to buy it instead of doing the same they take the easy way out and steal it.

This situation turned out alright, but I was lucky to even see my cage again
    -Mark Twain