Thread: True Story. I'm told.

dpiper

True Story. I'm told.

Now I don't know which "last summer" but here goes:

Last summer, down on Lake Isabella, located in the high desert, an hour east of Bakersfield, CA, some folks, new to boating, were having a problem. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get their brand new 22 foot boat, going. It was very sluggish in almost every maneuver, no matter how much power they applied. After about an hour of trying to make it go, they putted into a nearby marina, thinking someone there may be able to tell them what was wrong. A thorough topside check revealed everything in perfect working con! condition. The engine ran fine, the out-drive went up and down, and the propeller was the correct size and pitch. So, one of the marina guys jumped in the water to check underneath. He came up choking on water, he was laughing so hard.

NOW REMEMBER...THIS IS TRUE..... Under the boat, still strapped securely in place, was the trailer.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    LOL

I have heard that one before and actually some saw pics somewhere for the same kind of story. Very funny stuff
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    I read the same thing but it was around Dallas.

Larry G
    Good grief!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Believe it or not something like than happened to me. Teamgonzo and I hit the lake in my 14' Jon. As I pulled in reverse, the trailor jumped off of my hitch, with boat and all. Teamgonzo was guiding my back, and was loading the boat into the water. The next thing I saw was Teamgonzo pulling my trailor out of the water with his hands. I nearly fell out of my truck from laughing so hard.

Just for clarification... Team gonzo was the one who hooked the boat up to my truck. Thank god it didn't happen on the way to the lake, or I probably wouldn't have a boat right now, and still be paying for somebodies new front end or hospital bill.

Let's just say that I've added a pair of safety chains to attach to my hitch after I latch on the trailor. It never had it when I bought it, and I never really noticed it.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    helps to close the hitch on right size ball too ya know

cherylrw
    LOL...thats why I wont back the boat in the water LOL afraid Ill do something that goofy

dpiper
    Backed my van into water once. My break arm was too short. Couldn't stop it. The wife let the boat float off and ran over and pushed the break for me. Got at least 200 gallons of water in it.

Ben, you need a ride?

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    There are stories all over of this kind of stuff happening, but that's all part of the learning curve. Gotta make a few mistakes along the way to make it interesting and have a few stories to tell around the camp fire one day.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain