Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALLIGATOR SWIMMING WITH ADULT DEER IN MOUTH

mrmakAUCTIONEER

ALLIGATOR SWIMMING WITH ADULT DEER IN MOUTH

HAVE YALL seen this pic of a big alligator carring a big deer on lake conroes west side? one of them dudes i met at the fishin show sent me this pic.
    This picture was taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake Conroe!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    I have seen that pic floating around the net several times, One says it came from a lake florida, georgia, texas, i don't know what lake it came from but the one report I saw had the name of the station and the tpwd in georgia had taken the photos while surveying land.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    is it possable the lake conroe word could also be a lake conroe in them utter states. could be u know?

I don't know could be, I will see If I can track down the other post it had some good info about the crew that took the shots. If I can find the info I will post it later.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

MrMak

I found the other post and looked it up on snopes.com they have several veariations listed but determined the picture to be true i have posted the true location of the picture below. Per the snopes website this is where the picture was taken.

The photographs of this deer-eating alligator were taken from the air by Terri Jenkins, a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service District Fire Management Officer. She was preparing to ignite a prescribed fire at Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge, about 40 miles south of Savannah, Georgia, on March 4, 2004.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    links bro?

Thin Water Tracker
    Seen the same thing floating around on the net. Make you think about wide or swiming in the lakes. I peopel called me crazy for wide fishing the beach front with my shark budies. I'll take them over those guys.

I will get them posted it was on another fishing forum and they displayed the snopes link. I will track it down and get it posted today
    -Mark Twain

Thanks Piper you beat me to the punch,
    -Mark Twain