Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr Catter's 2 liter Flagging jugs

MRCATTER
    NO NOT THEM IM TALKING ABOUT THE MU*CA* SITE

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Good stuff there Steve. Looks like an awesome idea. This needs to go in the How-To section aswell.

Good luck and I hope you got you some fish on your day off.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Good Call Algonzo the Knowledge Base will continue to grow with great posts like that with pictures to go along with it.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Can somebody post a link of this and my Chum Capsules on the How-To section?

Thanks...

One question about this method. Considering that the pipe inside is already white, and the bottle is clear, do you guys think that it will still need to be painted white in the state of texas? Or will the white in the inside be enough?

Algonzo

Cheryl has put both topics in the Knowledge Base,

Also better to be safe than sorry on the jug color, I would probably color the jug white to be sure.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    Algonzo,

I used my little jug today and I really don't think Texas would approve of it. I'm assuming the white color is so that it can either be seen so as to retrieve it or as a potential obstacle to avoid. The one I used today would probably dissappear on you pretty quickly even if there was only a little wave motion. And since it's clear it looks more like floating trash than anything else, even with the white pipe.
    If I ever make any more of this style I'll be painting them white or yellow like you do in Texas so I can see them easier and they won't get hit by watercraft accidentally. Here's a pic of it on some real lake water today.
    BTW, we all got skunked so badly the skunk didn't even bother showing up.

Steve

dpiper
    Jugs are required to be white by TPWD. Commercial jugs are required to be orange.

So that means no catfish for dinner for you tonight then right? Oh well, there's always next.

It's a perfect alternative to the foam flagging jugs, just incase there is no foam around.

Good stuff, at least you made it to the lake, while the rest of us were at work. Lucky you....

Yep

I was stuck at my desk listening to eveyone talk about going to the lake, well at least you got the test the jug in a real life scenerio. There is always tomorrow to catch some cats.
    -Mark Twain