Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BOATER DIES ON LAKE HOUSTON

Member Hooked on FishingTX

BOATER DIES ON LAKE HOUSTON

"LET THE LEAD FLY!"

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    I really hate to hear stories like that. Maybe there was a malfunction where the motor locked into position and he couldn't steer it?
    It's sad just the same...

Steve

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Very Sad story,

I bet it was some sort of malfunctiont that caused the accident or maybe soemthing happened before hand like a heart condition or a stroke, anthing could have happened.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    I was wondering if maybe the throttle froze open and he tried to beach it, but misjudged his curve in to shore and then slammed the tree?

Steve
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

I guess we won't know until they perform an autopsy and release ther results, usually they will update a story like that with the results. Sad to see anyone lose their life like that.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

cherylrw
    That is awful,we will have to keep up with this story and see what happened.
    This is why Im afraid of boats.Mark was in a boating accident well a storm came while he was on the water and thats why he lost his boat.When I discovered him he was in the middle of Lake Ray Hubbard bailing water all u could see was the top rim of the nitro.Scared me to death..I would hope instead of the man being killed by impact that it was a condition like a heart attack and he had died before the impact.I dont mean for that to sound tacky but I can only imagine what would be going thru ur mind seeing whats fixing to happen to you.

Boats can be very dangerous at times, we should hear more about this in the next few days. I have been fortunate to have not had any accidents on the water, but you must alwasy be prepared in the event somthing does happen.

Cheryl
    I am glad that Mark was not seriously hurt during his accident, A boat can be replaced but a person a can't. Someone was looking out for him that day and protected him.
    -Mark Twain

MRCATTER
    THAT IS SOME SAD NEWS,AND THAT IS WHY IT MAKES ME MADDER THAN DICKS HAT BAND TO SEE BOATERS DRINKING WHILE ON THE WATER..SOME OF THEM FOLKS AINT GOT ENOUGH SENSE TO GET OUT OF THE RAIN.

cherylrw
    Yes dwaynez you are sooo right ,only reason I went looking for him is because he had my cell and wasnt answering it,so I knew something was wrong.Tell you what though it sure scared him pretty good.
    I agree MRCATTER it upsets me to see that too,thats just as bad as driving a car drunk.

MRCATTER

I could not agree more, alcohol has no place on the water. It leads to accidents and usually the other person who gets hit is the one to suffer.
    -Mark Twain