[ KB ] Mr Catter's 2 liter Flagging jugs

Category: How-To's
    Type: How To

Article Name: Mr Catter's 2 liter Flagging jugs
    Author: cherylrw
    Description: Illustrated tutorial

>>Read Full Article

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Another great addition to the knowledge base section, day by day this knowledge base continues to grow and provide a great resource to us all.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Dont forget to add some cushion in the inside of the PVC to prevent the rebar from knocking anything undone.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

I will setup a few of those myself and test them out on the lake. This is what I love about this site, new ideas and new ways to improve our ability to catch fish posted everyday.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    This is very cool, you thought it was good enough for the knowledge base. I wasn't expecting that.
    Dwayne just go right ahead man, You might think of something to make them better or simpler once you see them in person.

Steve

Nine Lives
    From personal experience, (white), a little more color (white), might help in spotting (white) a flagging (white) jug from a (white) distance. A band of (white) reflective tape also helps.

For some reason, white seems to be the color of choice in Texas.

dpiper
    Non-commercial jugs are required to be white by the TPWD. Comnmercial jugs are required to be orange.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    I'll fess up and tell you we normally use Prestone and vinegar jugs here. And solid color is way better than clear of course. I just did it up that way for the little article.
    I posted elsewhere that if I made any more of these I'd have to paint them in some way because they dissappear too easily. Shocking yellow would be my color of choice I think.

Steve
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

Larry G
    White jugs on a cloudy day are hard to spot until ya get up close. I'm always worried about high flying boats not seeing them until it is too late. When there is choppy waves, it is much worse. Then again, if the sun is hitting them just right, ya can see them from a mile away. I used orange for the top cap and orange duct tape, one turn, just below the cap and above the foam. Helps but next go around will be yellow. :idea:

Larry G

Good info on the ability to spot the jugs on cloudy days. I have seen several boaters run over lines because they were either not watching or because they could not see them.
    -Mark Twain