Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey flatcats!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Master in FishingTX JonW's Avatar

Hey flatcats!

How long have you been in Huntingdon? We may know some of the same people, or fished the same river spots and lakes.

I fish around Perryville regularly (for an out of towner) and around Bath Springs when I can. I'm going to try it up around Camden this spring. I know of some monster catches coming out of there.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    I've lived here about a year and a half but I don't know very many of the other folks yet.
    I fish out of new Johnsonville mostly but I know exactly where Perryville and Bath Springs are. My next little trip here shortly was going to be close to Camden. I guess I heard the same news you did then. When you get up here give me a ring and if I can get loose I'll meet up with you.

Steve
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

Know any Wheelers or Drinkards? That would be kin.

My second home is in the Bargerton are, just across the Interstate from Parkers Crossroads.

Which lakes do you like to fish?
    Catfish...the other white meat.

No, Don't know any of them.

Oh yeah, I go right through it on my way to New Johnsonville. I always stop and buy my cokes there. Pretty town too.

Mostly I fish on the river. When the water isn't right or my wife wants to come along I go to Brown's creek lake in Natchez Trace, they have little girls's bathrooms LOL.

Steve

Scratch that, For some reason i got turned around and got Bargerton switched with Hollow Rock. But yep, I have some of my wife's family in Bargerton.

Brown's Creek is a good lake. It used to hold the world record crappie back before they drained it. Any of the lakes in Natchez are pretty good, they just don't let you fish at night.

Beech Lake, Sycamore, Pin Oak are all good, too. I like jugging for channel cats at night.

Did you go to Pickwick to catch the skipjack? I hear if whenever you can catch bait you can wear the cats out.

That's true about the water not being right. If there's no current, you're not going to catch much on that river. They say it runs more during the week. I plan on taking my boat in April so I can fish whenever I want during week. Most people I fish with up there have to work Mon-Friday, and they don't pull much current then.

I plan on taking 2 1/2-3 weeks in April to fish and do some turkey hunting.

Your wife and her family will know the Wheelers.

I was pretty sure New Johnsonville was North of Huntingdon, but who am I to argue with a TN boy??????

Thanks for the warm welcome, flatcats. Looking forward to chatting with you, and I'll come see you when I'm there.

I hope they don't get made at us for talking about all this TN fishing on fishingTX.com!!!!

Gotta get up at 4:15 and work a 48-hour shift tomorrow and Sunday. I'll sign on when everything settles down in the morning.

Jon

Ah, you know all the local lakes Jon. My wife won't let me go at night, I guess she thinks the boogie man will get me.

There's a wing dam and a nice point I like to go to for the skippies. I haven't been to Pickwick yet because Cathy won't let me go until she can too. Look at the pic I posted down in the hunting section. I saw those the day before yesterday at Natchez Trace when I was coming out.

I've heard the same thing about the generators run schedules. This is the first time I've had the opportunity to fish on a river that has hydro dams on it so I'm still learning how all this relates to the fish here. It sure complicates things, LOL

Steve

I guess Pickwick is a long drive from Huntingdon. I know it's a long way from Bargerton!

I'll dig around and see if I can't figure out how to get to your pictures.