Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let`s have fun with this one !

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar

Let`s have fun with this one !

what did you do for your HONEYMOON ?

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    on our wedding night I told my wife
    I had ticket`s to the ASTROS and she said I thought we were going to SOUTH PADRE yes after the game
    she didn`t know it was a
    DOUBLE HITTER that day JUNE 21,1979
    it`s been 30 yrs and I still hear about it lol

Obsessed Jugging Addict Master in FishingTX kingwoodcatfisherman's Avatar
    Well it was the second marriage for both of us. Our main objective was to keep everything as simple as possible with out doing anything or having anyone involved that could stress us out . So I picked her up at 6:00 am Saturday morning in Houston and by 11:00 we were standing hand in hand on the San Antonio river walk with a peacher saying our do's . By 11:30 , we are married and holding hands and ordering salads at Planet Hollywood restaurant . We went shopping that afternoon , rode the river boat , ate Mexican food that night and left the next morning to go back to Houston . Not much of a stay but i was self employed then and i had to get back to the real world . So that is the "G" rated version of our honeymoon ! LOL
    Last edited by kingwoodcatfisherman; 10-19-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    A bad day fishing is better than a great day working ! :fart:

Live your life to the fullest !! That way when you die, the preacher doesn't have to lie.

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler Crappie4me's Avatar
    After 4 yrs. of wooing, a wedding 800 people attended, a reseption that 1000 people attended, after 16-16gal. kegs of beer, listening to a live band and dancing for 4 hrs., all I wanted to do was PASS-OUT. But instead we came home to Houston to a house that had NO power, a freezer with 40 lbs of spoiled beef ( which had to be thrown out ) not counting all the fish and other stuff. Sleeping for 6 hrs., Only then we caught a plane to Florida for a week. Was it worth it, YEP! A 22 yr.old daughter who got married last yr. and who will graduate in Dec. from Texas Tech, a 19 yr old son who is attending DeVry, and we just celebrated our 25th anniversary on Sept.29th HECK YEA!!!!!::icon_wink:

kayak_fishing92
    do anniversaries with a gf count? haha

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme jighed's Avatar
    Aug. 23, 1985, left the church and drove to the Emily Morgan hotel in San Antonio. Went to Aquarina Springs(?) to see the swimnming pig and then to Austin, where a highschool friend gave us a personal tour of the Capitol. Stopped to get gas in Austin and found that my uncle had filled the gas cap area with limburger cheese, you should always look at the gas cap before grabbing it and carry a towel or old rags in the car.
    Still married with 3 great children.

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler harv418's Avatar
    Let see, WE got hitched on June 1st, 2002. We spent the night in the Clear lake Hilton. Went home to her two daughters. On June 8th, I shipped out to Moscow for 3 months.. by myself.
    Harv418 - I am haunted by Waters

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

BAck to 1969

HAd met my wife to be on a Contineteal trailways bus while en route back fro Fort Leonardwood MO. in 1968 got married in 1969 and i has bee na riot .
    I have the best freind , wife and lifetime partner money could buy if you could buy love !!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Bill Barrick's Avatar

Smile Sympathy

Quote Originally Posted by harv418 View Post
    Let see, WE got hitched on June 1st, 2002. We spent the night in the Clear lake Hilton. Went home to her two daughters. On June 8th, I shipped out to Moscow for 3 months.. by myself.
    I can sympathize with you Harv, I went to Thule Greenland as an aircraft mechanic in 1962 and was away from family for three months because of economic reasons. Definately not reccommended to be apart for that long.
    June 4 1954, we were married in Allendale Baptist Church near Wichita Falls, locked myself out of the blue/grey 1948 Chev coupe, finally left with several cars tailing along behind us. After a few miles most dropped out with only two left. We passed through Henrietta headed toward dallas to a turn off though the country back to my Sister''s house. They were on vacation. Finally about a mile before the tunoff the last car gave it up. Next morning I woke up to an explosion in the oven. All I could see was a room engulfed in flames. Running into the room with the intention of getting my new bride out of danger, slid down and acros the room to find her standing there wiping her hair furiously putting out her hair. She had minor burns on her fingers and a lot of new respect for gas ovens but otherwise OK. That was fifty-six years ago and she is still hanging around. We had some rough times and a lot of good times always giving more to each other than expecting to receive. We began our marriage attuned with God and State Farm car insurance. House rent at that time for us was $30.00 per month. The first life lesson we learned was to not have a charge account at the grocery store or get involved with Sears rotating charge account. Life is Good.
    Kermit the frog says " Time is fun when you are having flies. "

Be Positive-- I can do this!!

Scotta
    My honeymoon started when i got a divorce!!!!!