Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Problems

bass tracker

Boat Problems

Well i just got back from picking up my boat from the Repair shop took it to lake houston for a test, I ran half way to RR bridge be fore it want into guardiam mode! This will be my 3 rd. to the repiar shop! i only 14 hours on motor. Now What!?

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Metalcutterr's Avatar
    Is your dog chewing on some wires.
    For me going fishing is just about getting outdoors. Catching fish is just a bonus.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    sad to hear that be patiant it will come together for you.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX katjim00's Avatar
    Call mercury and tell them you are going to start sending them your expense report. It will include time, mileage, fuel, food and lost time fishing. Oh and don't forget any tolls too.

3 times in texas for the same repair on a car would fall under the lemon law I believe. Might want to see if there is that on a high dollar broken motor.

Moderator Master in FishingTX Bass Fishin Tejanos's Avatar
    I second Katjim on this one.
    BFT.

Layton
    Katjimoo/Bass Fishing Tejano....Slow down you just cant call Mercury. Expense report,time ,mileage, food,lost time fishing It ain't gonna happen. Thats like saying to the person that works at the customer service desk or returns at Walmart....... I need you to pay for my gas, my time cause the VCR went on the blink.

Layton it was a joke, sorry I should have put a wink on it. But I also thought that mercury carried the warranty for their stuff and if the qualified techs are unable to fix it they should replace the unit under warranty.

If it was me at this point I would put a loop the computer or the sensor to bypass the "gaurdian" mode. As long as the oil pressure was good, water flow was good, and the fuel was flowing at the right pressures. Then if it blew up, pull the loop out and go from there.

I don't recomend this, just something I would do after many years in the auto industry

Layton
    I hope your still joking!!!!! You cannot just start putting these so called loop. Every part under the cowl has a purpose. These O/B motors are getting hight tech just as the vehicles we drive today. On my 2004 Chevrolet Colorado if you remove one of the sensors or even unplug one lil wire the motor will start but when it knows somethings wrong it shuts itself off. I dont know why bass trackers motor is going into guardian mode. Guardian mode is to keep the rpms under 3000 so it will not blow up the motor.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    sorry to here that Bass tracker. What did they say was wrong with it the last two times you took it in?

The outboards are very high tech now once they started putting computers on them to control them.

I don't recommend bypassing any of the sensors on them. Like I said it would be something I personally would do on my own stuff to see where the problem lies. That of course is after I check all the essentials of the motor. Just remember you take all the electrics of and you still just have a plain old motor.

Bass Tracker you need to see if they have a loaner boat program while yours is in for super diagnostic time.