Thread: Products and patents

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar

Products and patents

Anybody ever have any dealings getting patents, developing products, and mass producing these products cheaply through a manufacturing company?

Got a hot idea and am not sure how it's supposed to work.
    Phish On!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    CajunDan

the best way to protect yourself is to go through an official patent process, a true patent will run you a little money, but it will be worth it because you will be legally protected and have the right to sue if it comes down to someone stealing your idea.

I will do a little research and post some contact info for you as soon as possible.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

For the current schedule of fees, see the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Web site at http://www.uspto.gov/go/fees. There are basic filing fees for utility patent applications, design applications, and plant applications. If the owner of the invention qualifies as a small entity (that is an independent inventor, a small business, or a nonprofit organization), the filing fees are reduced by half if the small entity status is claimed. See transmittal forms PTO/SB/05 for utility patent application, PTO/SB/18 for design patent application, and PTO/SB/19 for plant patent application at http://www.uspto.gov/go/forms.

Please note: Fees are subject to change each year and should therefore be verified before submission to the USPTO. Checks or money orders should be payable to the Commissioner for Patents and sent to the

Commissioner for Patents
    Mail Stop PATENT APPLICATION,
    P.O. Box 1450,
    Alexandria, VA 22313-1450.

http://www.uspto.gov/

http://www.uspto.gov/go/fees.

CajunDan
    This site will give you all the info to get a legal Patent that will hold up in court and will protect your invention. Also the fees link to see exactly what type of money you are looking at to apply for a patent and get it protected.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

d, you dey man..... Know any plastics manufacturers. I have to write down the design but I had a idea last night in my garage that won't make me a millionaire but will help me save for the fishing adventures.
    Phish On!

I will contact my friend Chris in Waco, he works for Coca-Cola and they actually outsource all of their bottle manufacturing through a few companies. I will see if I can get some info for you.

I will also look around here locally in the Bryan College-Station Area and see what I can find. I have some friends that own a metal shop and do anything and everything with metal if you are ever in the need for that.
    -Mark Twain

Actually I need a box for a G3 1756. 12"x12"xhowever wide it is.

Goes on one of these....
    Phish On!

I will let my friend know and get the contact infor for you and post soon.
    -Mark Twain